• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

LA Times 3 July: "Hyundai Genesis coupe is more primitive than prim"

Wordman

Registered Member
Tustin, California
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
"In the beginning, there was Hyundai, and it was without form, and darkness was upon the face of the brand.

And it's still pretty dark.

Yes, we're all very impressed with Hyundai's robust sales numbers, the company's monster 10-year warranty and the new Hyundai Genesis sedan, which was voted 2009 North American Car of the Year by a group of powerful and influential automotive journalists who were found sleeping under a bridge.

But what does the brand mean? If anything, the cursive H stands only for a kind of predatory cheapness that undercuts Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus. As cars like the Azera and Sonata demonstrate, in a coldly calculated dollar-for-value comparison, you just can't beat a Hyundai.

So what. No one ever wrote a misty-eyed heavy metal ballad to the glory of the bargain equation. No one ever serenaded with a mariachi band beneath the window of extended warranties. Hyundai is a brand utterly devoid of romance, poetry or inspiration. The very word affects me like a jeroboam of ether.

That's why, above and beyond the particulars of cornering grip and acceleration, the new Hyundai Genesis coupe is a good idea. This company can spread all the high-tech marmalade it likes over its cars, but until it starts fashioning an emotional back story, a cool image, a creation myth of its own, the brand will never embody anything more than likable appliances."

Read the rest at http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-fi-neil3-2009jul03,0,2373265.column

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Probably the most negative "positive" review I have ever read - lol!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums