Lane Assist - aligns towards right side

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I've been trying the Lane Assist feature and i see the car keeps aligned towards right side edge instead of keeping in center of the lane.
Not specifically a problem - but is there anything on my end i can do to keep it center of the lane.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've been trying the Lane Assist feature and i see the car keeps aligned towards right side edge instead of keeping in center of the lane.
Not specifically a problem - but is there anything on my end i can do to keep it center of the lane.
If you get the windshield replaced the camera has to be realigned. Perhaps the dealer can do something to adjust. Check with the service department.

NC356

Hasn't posted much yet...
Greensboro, NC
Genesis Model Type
Interested............
My '16 3.8 2wd LKAS seems only interested in avoiding the edges of the road; left alone all it does is ricochet from left to right.
So I turned it off a long while ago and have never tried it again.

Is LKAS supposed to actually keep the car centered in the lane? Or is the ricochet behavior normal?
Thanks guys.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
LKA will drift toward the side of the lane that it can most clearly see the painted line, in the right most lane the right side line is usually painted solid verse broken so the car will drift to the right, in the left most lane the left side line is painted solid so it will drift left.

in the center lanes where the painted lines are broken it will drift from left to right in a swaying motion if you take your hands off, and will grab the attention of the local state troopers if you do it long enough (yeah don't ask).

Scottish Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
The system is designed to keep the car within the lane you have chosen to drive in [ Lane Keep Assist ]
it's not a straight line self driving system.

I find on billiard table flat roads it does the job of keeping the car straight pretty well , on cambered lanes it does less well and is more annoying than useful.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I stopped using the lane keep assist . It does not work well on most of my daily driving streets in the city (yha california roads are not that great).

In my thinking its a fancy feature for long highway drives .

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90