Latest shots of the Telluride and Palisade.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Man, those are looking pretty good. Looking forward to when they finally come out.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
got a Tahoe/Suburban look going on with that front end.
Yeah it kinda does. I like those too. I'm all about these Korean vehicles though. Reliability is great.

Advocate225

Registered Member
Philadelphia
I've had the opportunity to see the production Santa Fe on the dealers lot while having my Genesis serviced last week. Unfortunately none in the showroom so I have not been able to climb inside, let alone take one for a drive as yet. They seem a huge step up from the Santa Fe Sport. The Pallisade appears to be a worthy alternative to the Ford Explorer.

It's been a long time since I saw the GV80 at the New York Auto Show and I'm sure a large number of would be Genesis SUV sales will be lost to the Santa Fe and Pallisade over the next two to three years until the upmarket models finally hit the showroom floor.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've had the opportunity to see the production Santa Fe on the dealers lot while having my Genesis serviced last week. Unfortunately none in the showroom so I have not been able to climb inside, let alone take one for a drive as yet. They seem a huge step up from the Santa Fe Sport. The Pallisade appears to be a worthy alternative to the Ford Explorer.

It's been a long time since I saw the GV80 at the New York Auto Show and I'm sure a large number of would be Genesis SUV sales will be lost to the Santa Fe and Pallisade over the next two to three years until the upmarket models finally hit the showroom floor.
Well my SUV lease isn't up until about that time so I'll be doing some shopping then.

ZooterRSpec

Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
YES PLEASE! Hyundai needs a big CUV like this to compete with the Americans and Japanese. The Vera Cruz and Santa Fe were great tries, but they were never as big as the Durango, Explorer, and the Lambda Quadruplets from GM; which combines with the absolute lack of marketing did nothing for the sales of these two vehicles. KIA had a chance with the Borrego, which I still see a lot of on the road, but they came out at the wrong time...

Advocate225

Registered Member
Philadelphia
It's difficult to tell from photos if the Pallisade is more a mid-sized ( under 200" length and about 70" height) three row CUV, or full sized (205" - 210" length and about 75" height) CUV. Since I saw the showcar GV80 in New York in 2017, I can't recall what size class that vehicle will occupy.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
It's difficult to tell from photos if the Pallisade is more a mid-sized ( under 200" length and about 70" height) three row CUV, or full sized (205" - 210" length and about 75" height) CUV. Since I saw the showcar GV80 in New York in 2017, I can't recall what size class that vehicle will occupy.
Probably somewhere btwn the size of the Pilot (194.5" ) and Traverse (204.3").

Oddly enough, the Traverse is still considered midsized.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Interesting - so it appears that there is a LWB version of the new Santa Fe, but only for China.

One can ask why bother (when can just sell the upcoming Palisade as the 3-row), but the Palisade looks to be a bit larger (w/ different powertrain options).

In addition, it looks like Hyundai will likely locate production of the Palisade in the US where there's the tariff ramifications.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Interior shots.

Looks premium/near-luxury; definitely nicer than what one would find inside a Highlander or Pilot.

Definitely has some of the interior design language from the Nexo concept.

That wide-screen makes the LCD in the G70 look puny and cheap.

Should be seeing a wide-screen in the new G80 and hopefully when the G70 gets it facelift.

Advocate225

Registered Member
Philadelphia
Only 2 days till LA auto show when we can finally get true facts about the Palisade. From stories on the internet it's either the size of a Ford Expedition or a Toyota Highlander, its either RWD or FWD chassis, and is being powered by either the 3.3 V6 from the Sorento or the 3.3 Twin Turbo in the Genesis. That's a lot of variables all of which would radically affect the price points.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.