Launch Control

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wish it said anywhere at what rpm the launch control builds to. I’m still breaking the car in so I haven’t tested it yet but a couple reviewers only let it build to 2500 before dumping, but I feel like it was still rising

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which btw is the safety measure they talk about. If it went to 3k...it would be a rocket...probably like a 4.4 or 4.3 second car. Oh well...JB4 will fix that 😜

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It should be a 4.4 second car anyways considering the stinger can hit 4.5-4.6 and we weigh 200 lbs less right? Or at least that’s my hope because I don’t want to tie a stinger haha
My logic exactly. I'm still in shock that none of the big magazines have not put it through its paces...or even a head-to-head with any other car. The one mag got like 4.7 or something which is total BS.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My logic exactly. I'm still in shock that none of the big magazines have not put it through its paces...or even a head-to-head with any other car. The one mag got like 4.7 or something which is total BS.
A stinger vs g70 full comparison has to be coming soon, I would hope. I’ve got about another 100 miles to go on my break in period but after that there’s plenty of stingers around me that I’m sure wouldn’t mind lining up for an unofficial test

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m almost at 1k miles. I’ll get the JB4 late March or early April. Unless this winter is super mild...which I’ll get it earlier.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just remembered this was car and driver. It made me think of something else weird I saw on there. The stinger gt they tested that hit 4.4, it also stopped from 70 in 156 feet vs 164 feet for the g70. Either they got a bum car or something weird is going on because almost everything was slightly worse than the stinger, the heavier less sporty car (supposedly)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Stinger buyers are more likely to rice out their vehicles and add mods to it so it may be geared more aggressively.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.