LED Headlight Lateral Adjustment

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Couldn’t find an answer but is there a way to adjust a G80 Sport’s lights left and right? Mine are both pointing to the left. Thanks

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Couldn’t find an answer but is there a way to adjust a G80 Sport’s lights left and right? Mine are both pointing to the left. Thanks
I'd think you have Adaptive Lights, right? At startup, mine cycle up, down, left and right then return to the proper position. If yours don't do that, you need Genesis to fix them.

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'd think you have Adaptive Lights, right? At startup, mine cycle up, down, left and right then return to the proper position. If yours don't do that, you need Genesis to fix them.
They do. When driving there’s that half black circle from the right headlight that’s creates a black spot in the center of my lane. I just saw a night driving video of someone else’s car and it looks like they all have it in the same spot unfortunately.

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The Adaptive Headlights will move the headlights horizontally with the steering wheel. The self leveling feature will adjust the light level vertically based on load of vehicle. Most cars will have a manual adjustment for horizontal and vertical alignment. I've not looked for this on my 2018 G80 Sport yet. There are typically 2 screws near each headlight. One is for horizontal adjustment and another for vertical. I did not find anything on this in the Owners manual. Do some googling (e.g. youtube.com), somebody has probably already documented this.

Adjust this on a level area in a dark location (at night or in a garage). Use the dark half circle as a reference point. Mark that location on the wall and then start adjusting.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
there is no mechanical adjustment on the G80 with the LED adaptive lights, you will need to take it to the dealer, they can use the Genesis ODBII tech tool to recalibrate the lights.

there is a specific procedure requiring specific distances and leveling techniques to make sure the system is properly calibrated for leveling and "bending"

it should be free if it is within the first year of ownership, at least mine was, however the half circles will not go away, they are created by the design of the LED projector as focal points or markers for the driver so they can see where the lights are bending when turning.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.