LED Lit Genesis Motors "G80 Winged" Badges/Emblems Now Available in America!

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Nice. More "bling" for our G80 Genny's.

Understanding these have just been released, but for beta testers or any G90 owners lurking in this thread....
Q1) Are these lit only when parking lights are on?
Q2) When are they lit red or white? Based on how you choose to wire OR white, but turn red when braking.
Q3) Does the 2018 G80 have the wiring harness built-in for this or will it require bubba engineering/rolling your own wiring.
Q4) For removing existing emblem from a 2018 G80....Are they mounted with tape/glue, tabs or screws/bolts?
I'm looking for someone who has practical experience with these emblems not speculation. I can speculate on my own.

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Nice. More "bling" for our G80 Genny's.

Understanding these have just been released, but for beta testers or any G90 owners lurking in this thread....
Q1) Are these lit only when parking lights are on?
Q2) When are they lit red or white? Based on how you choose to wire OR white, but turn red when braking.
Q3) Does the 2018 G80 have the wiring harness built-in for this or will it require bubba engineering/rolling your own wiring.
Q4) For removing existing emblem from a 2018 G80....Are they mounted with tape/glue, tabs or screws/bolts?
I'm looking for someone who has practical experience with these emblems not speculation. I can speculate on my own.
I'm getting firm answers on these questions. What I do know for sure is that the OEM badges do have pins behind them. Not sure why Hyundai/Genesis/Kia still use these when nobody else does. The pins have been removed from the LED badges...

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm thinking these work like a brake light, white normal and turn red when you hit the brakes.

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I'm thinking these work like a brake light, white normal and turn red when you hit the brakes.
I do believe this is the case - but I'm verifying. There's a big time different between here and South Korea - and a bit of a language barrier - which makes communications a bit challenging...

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I'm getting firm answers on these questions. What I do know for sure is that the OEM badges do have pins behind them. Not sure why Hyundai/Genesis/Kia still use these when nobody else does. The pins have been removed from the LED badges...
It's very difficult to understand and really get a clear idea of how these things work because of the language barrier. I don't know any Korean. So, I'll let them sit in stock until somebody with experience orders them. At that point I will get firm answers. From what I understand - they're connected to existing wiring and the white light is on when your car's lights are on. If you want the light to turn red when you brake, there's a line to connect to the brake light as well.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Any further details on these lighted wing badges? Specifically, have we got anwsersto these questions?

Does the 2018 G80 have the wiring harness built-in for this or will it require bubba engineering/rolling your own wiring?
For removing existing emblem from a 2018 G80....Are they mounted with tape/glue, tabs or screws/bolts?
How are the lighted wings mounted?
Have any been sold?
Thanks

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.