• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

LED Lit Genesis Motors "G80 Winged" Badges/Emblems Now Available in America!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Nice. More "bling" for our G80 Genny's.

Understanding these have just been released, but for beta testers or any G90 owners lurking in this thread....
Q1) Are these lit only when parking lights are on?
Q2) When are they lit red or white? Based on how you choose to wire OR white, but turn red when braking.
Q3) Does the 2018 G80 have the wiring harness built-in for this or will it require bubba engineering/rolling your own wiring.
Q4) For removing existing emblem from a 2018 G80....Are they mounted with tape/glue, tabs or screws/bolts?
I'm looking for someone who has practical experience with these emblems not speculation. I can speculate on my own.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Nice. More "bling" for our G80 Genny's.

Understanding these have just been released, but for beta testers or any G90 owners lurking in this thread....
Q1) Are these lit only when parking lights are on?
Q2) When are they lit red or white? Based on how you choose to wire OR white, but turn red when braking.
Q3) Does the 2018 G80 have the wiring harness built-in for this or will it require bubba engineering/rolling your own wiring.
Q4) For removing existing emblem from a 2018 G80....Are they mounted with tape/glue, tabs or screws/bolts?
I'm looking for someone who has practical experience with these emblems not speculation. I can speculate on my own.
I'm getting firm answers on these questions. What I do know for sure is that the OEM badges do have pins behind them. Not sure why Hyundai/Genesis/Kia still use these when nobody else does. The pins have been removed from the LED badges...

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm thinking these work like a brake light, white normal and turn red when you hit the brakes.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I'm thinking these work like a brake light, white normal and turn red when you hit the brakes.
I do believe this is the case - but I'm verifying. There's a big time different between here and South Korea - and a bit of a language barrier - which makes communications a bit challenging...

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I'm getting firm answers on these questions. What I do know for sure is that the OEM badges do have pins behind them. Not sure why Hyundai/Genesis/Kia still use these when nobody else does. The pins have been removed from the LED badges...
It's very difficult to understand and really get a clear idea of how these things work because of the language barrier. I don't know any Korean. So, I'll let them sit in stock until somebody with experience orders them. At that point I will get firm answers. From what I understand - they're connected to existing wiring and the white light is on when your car's lights are on. If you want the light to turn red when you brake, there's a line to connect to the brake light as well.

larrymg1

Registered Member
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Any further details on these lighted wing badges? Specifically, have we got anwsersto these questions?

Does the 2018 G80 have the wiring harness built-in for this or will it require bubba engineering/rolling your own wiring?
For removing existing emblem from a 2018 G80....Are they mounted with tape/glue, tabs or screws/bolts?
How are the lighted wings mounted?
Have any been sold?
Thanks

Bill Carson

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
This is the official OEM Genesis Motors G80 wing badge – only this one has LED lighting behind it. It’s a genuine OEM emblem with LED lights and acrylic added – NOT a knock-off like you might find elsewhere.

STORE LINKS:
Hood: LED Lit Genesis Motors "G90 Winged" Hood Badge/Emblem - Genesis Owners
Trunk: LED Lit Genesis Motors "G80 Winged" Trunk Badge/Emblem - Genesis Owners

View attachment 14870View attachment 14869View attachment 14868View attachment 14867View attachment 14866View attachment 14865
I just replaced the winged emblem on my Sport after polishing with a fiber cloth lifted up a tiny section of thin metal inlay. The part ran me almost $40.00 and mistakenly I had Hyundai replace it .. at a cost of $90.00. Learning experience ... should have done the work myself.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
I would be interested to hear/see the wiring involved to install this.
It wires into the lights in the front and the lights in the back. If you want white for the back, it gets wired the reverse lights. If you want red in the back, it gets wired into the brake lights.

How about, how are they mounted? Sticky Tape? Retainer posts/clips?
Yes, automotive grade double-sided 3M tape - like all OEM badges...

mdavid727

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was looking for specific instructions or pictures on how it’s wired. I’m not interested in the front only the back.

Don88

My Go Tune: ♪ I'll Take You There ♫ Staple Singers
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was looking for specific instructions or pictures on how it’s wired. I’m not interested in the front only the back.
Basically the lighted ornament is a light bulb (a led mounted in a badge) with two wires coming out of it. All it needs is 12 VDC to operate from the light circuit. To ensure you will avoid any problems, have your Genesis Dealer, or a quality body shop install the ornament. If I was to get one of these lighted Genesis Ornaments, it's the way I'd have it done even though built many Heathkits in my younger years.

If you proceed with the install, 'looking forward to your comments on the night display.

LD5050

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
If it has both red and white LEDs already in place, couldn’t it be wired to both the brake lights and the reverse lights? That way it glows red under braking and white while in reverse?

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
If it has both red and white LEDs already in place, couldn’t it be wired to both the brake lights and the reverse lights? That way it glows red under braking and white while in reverse?
I think that's something you'd need to be the first to try... It sounds like a nice idea, though...

LD5050

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My car should be here any day now, I’ll go ahead and order the rear emblem so when it gets here I can verify.
I’ll post up an thorough install thread :cool:

LD5050

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
We got the new car in finally, but then had some issues with a small paint chip and the AC compressor not coming on, so we’re in a 3.8 G80 loaner.
But as soon as we get ours back, this bad boy is going on the trunk :geek:
Looks like it works the way I imagined, lighting up red with the brake lights and white in reverse. Will confirm.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums