• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Let's Solve a MYSTERY

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Ah, I see you live in fear like I do. If the roof is open and the earth loses gravity we'll fall out. Smart guys think alike.

Be a dumbass like me and live on the edge; it's much more fun! Costs a lot more too lol. 🤪

bigdogbts

Hasn't posted much yet...
STL, MO
Genesis Model Type
So the dealer has given up. They've been great, but they asked me to get HMA Customer Care involved, so we're going down that road now. I'd be interested to try the zip tie thing, but I think I need to get the HMA involved before my dealer will do anything else.

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type
So the dealer has given up. They've been great, but they asked me to get HMA Customer Care involved, so we're going down that road now. I'd be interested to try the zip tie thing, but I think I need to get the HMA involved before my dealer will do anything else.

So, I take it they didn't try to do the zip-tie at the dealer? You'd think they'd at least give that a last-ditch attempt before pulling the plug, odd. Keep us posted what HMA says.

TK211X

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Unrelated. Once I put a penny on top of my steering wheel while driving and said "Take it away penny!" whilst taking my hands off the wheel.

It fell into the slot between the wheel......

I miss my penny. If I die one day, you know what happened.

bigdogbts

Hasn't posted much yet...
STL, MO
Genesis Model Type
Oh jesus. Such a long update.....

Hit road debris on a business trip 3 weeks ago (the friday before the car was scheduled to go back to the dealer), and lost both front and rear driver's side tires and a rim. Took it to the dealer, got those fixed per my companies insurance. Next on to the steering wheel.

THE DEALER CAN'T REPLICATE THE PROBLEM!!! Even though I have a video of the issue taken from the last time it was "repaired", HMA tech line is telling the dealer that if it can't be replicated, they can't address it. No idea if the debris "precussively adjusted" something that was going on in the front end, or if we're just kicking this issue down the road, but I go pickup my Gennie this afternoon. I really like my dealer. They're good people. However, I can't wait until this whole "separate Genesis" thing gets resolved because my car had to sit and wait for a WEEK before the one tech that they have could look at it.

/rant

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Higgybat13

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Thanks, noise is same moving or not