Lexicon amp location? - need remote wire for an aftermarket amp

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
I'm in the process of adding a 10" sub, using the components I have lying around from my previous car, to see how I like the added bass.
I thought I heard from a member that the Lexicon amp is located under the trunk mat near the battery.

Guess what.. I can't find the amp anywhere inside the trunk.
I don't really need to access the amp, but I thought that tapping into the remote turn on wire on the stock amp would be the easier solution.

Any other source I can tap into as far as wiring the remote wire for the aftermarket amp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Dan

TJPark01

Been here awhile...
Hollywood, CA
Pretty sure it's in the trunk...

Gambler

Registered Member
Baltimore
As for the remote turn-on, you could just run a wire to the acc power. The fuses in the fusebox on the passenger's side are mostly if not all acc on only. Use a mini add-a-line to get the + out from there. Then just run that back to your new amp. Let us know how it works out.

Gambler

Registered Member
Baltimore
Also, I don't think that is the Tech Package. It appears to be missing a few speakers. So the amp could be in a different spot with the Tech Package.

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
Thanks for your help, TJPark and Gambler! :)

@ TJPark:
Yeah, I also heard from someone that the amp is located in the trunk, but couldn't figure out where the heck it's at.
Looking at the diagram, it looks like it's closer to the passenger's side wheel well, but there's nothing that gives me access to that kind of location.
There was a styrofoam insulation closer to the rear seats and when I removed it, there was a black metal shield with tons of bolt on it.
I started to remove the first bolt, but thought it could be the fuel tank, so I decided not to touch it.

@ Gambler:

Thanks for the tip. The fuse box is a popular location, but figured it would be more neat to pull something from the trunk area since the cabin and the trunk area is pretty well divided with a metal brace/fixture that's very hard to get through.
I'll look more carefully for gaps and openings between the seat back & trunk space.
But boy, removing the rear seats are a pain.

Dan

TJPark01

Been here awhile...
Hollywood, CA
Thanks for your help, TJPark and Gambler! :)

@ TJPark:
Yeah, I also heard from someone that the amp is located in the trunk, but couldn't figure out where the heck it's at.
Looking at the diagram, it looks like it's closer to the passenger's side wheel well, but there's nothing that gives me access to that kind of location.
There was a styrofoam insulation closer to the rear seats and when I removed it, there was a black metal shield with tons of bolt on it.
I started to remove the first bolt, but thought it could be the fuel tank, so I decided not to touch it.
Dan

The amp is behind the battery, below the passenger side hinge for the trunk. It's inside the liner of the trunk. I sent you a PM, with the attachment on how to access it, cheers.

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
The amp is behind the battery, below the passenger side hinge for the trunk. It's inside the liner of the trunk. I sent you a PM, with the attachment on how to access it, cheers.

TJPark,
Again, thanks for the info. :)
Never thought of removing the trunk liners to gain access.

Dan

Gambler

Registered Member
Baltimore
I'd love to see during/after pictures if it isn't too much trouble.

Gambler

Registered Member
Baltimore
What size is the stock sub? I just replaced the amps in the Tahoe with a 5 channel this past weekend and have an extra mono amp now ;-) I'm eyeing the Genesis sub now...

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
What size is the stock sub? I just replaced the amps in the Tahoe with a 5 channel this past weekend and have an extra mono amp now ;-) I'm eyeing the Genesis sub now...

The Lexicon has an 8 inch sub, although the sub in the Genesis does not need extra power......In my opinion, needs the opposite. More sub:D which then would need more power.

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
Finished up the wirings for the amp, and currently finishing up the crappy sub box I'm building.
Ran the remote wire from the passenger's side fuse box through the rocker panel and through the rear pass through door.

Dan

Gambler

Registered Member
Baltimore
The Lexicon has an 8 inch sub, although the sub in the Genesis does not need extra power......In my opinion, needs the opposite. More sub:D which then would need more power.

I agree, I like a good punch to the base, and the Genesis sub just can't quite produce that (even with the base +10). I don't even listen to my music that loud. The rest of the sound system is fantastic in my opinion. I've never tried an infinite baffle before, so I'm thinking about trying it on the Genesis; it would save me needing to make a box.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Finished up the wirings for the amp, and currently finishing up the crappy sub box I'm building.
Ran the remote wire from the passenger's side fuse box through the rocker panel and through the rear pass through door.

Dan

I'm surpirsed you built a box considering they are cheap as hell these days. Even my box (MDF). Nice work on the remote wire. Mine is also ran into the passenger side fuse box.

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
I agree, I like a good punch to the base, and the Genesis sub just can't quite produce that (even with the base +10). I don't even listen to my music that loud. The rest of the sound system is fantastic in my opinion. I've never tried an infinite baffle before, so I'm thinking about trying it on the Genesis; it would save me needing to make a box.

My thoughts exactly. I know the frequency response curve is flat over the EQ range and all, but sometimes I prefer to have the capability to punch me in the chest with tight, heavy bass.

General rule is that an IB setup requires a ton of power and a decent sub that's designed to work in IB.

Dan

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
I'm surpirsed you built a box considering they are cheap as hell these days. Even my box (MDF). Nice work on the remote wire. Mine is also ran into the passenger side fuse box.

I had MDF boards lying around in my garage collecting dust.
Plus, I couldn't find a box with the spec I wanted. (0.65ft^3).

Wish I had more time and patience to build a pretty box, but I'm too lazy for that stuff these days. :D

Dan

Disaster

Been here awhile...
I'm in the process of adding a 10" sub, using the components I have lying around from my previous car, to see how I like the added bass.
I thought I heard from a member that the Lexicon amp is located under the trunk mat near the battery.

Dan

Where are you going to install the 10" sub and additional amp? I'd love to see install pics as well.

nearwater

Been here awhile...
MI
Where are you going to install the 10" sub and additional amp? I'd love to see install pics as well.

Oh, I'm just going to stuff it in the box and gonna put it on the passenger's side corner of the trunk, against the rear seat backs.
I'll snap a few pics after installing the sub and post it here as long as you promise not to laugh at the crappy box.

Dan

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Oh, I'm just going to stuff it in the box and gonna put it on the passenger's side corner of the trunk, against the rear seat backs.
I'll snap a few pics after installing the sub and post it here as long as you promise not to laugh at the crappy box.

Dan

You know I'll be laughing:D but this is all about the sound quality right?? The box can be ugly.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums