Lexicon is a superb sound system

karasdad

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle, WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It surprises me that more owners don't crow about how great the standard Lexicon sound system is on this car. I've got two teenage daughters so I listen to a lot of music on Sirius Satellite and bluetooth streaming from their phones and I've come to really appreciate and enjoy the wonderful quality. I listened to several different high end upgraded entertainment systems when I drove the Volvo S90 with the optional Bowers & Wilkins system, Lexus Mark Levinson option and the Bose 3D system on the Audi Q7 and I liked this just as much. Most of the controls work well and are intuitive, sometimes the pre sets controls confuse us. My girls love to be able to control the system from the rear armrest console.

Windchaser

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I too really enjoy the audio system. It is crisp and clear. I don't need excessive base so I am fine with the level of base the system provides. I can crank the volume and I have not heard distortion yet. I am very impressed with the overall system.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It surprises me that more owners don't crow about how great the standard Lexicon sound system is on this car. I've got two teenage daughters so I listen to a lot of music on Sirius Satellite and bluetooth streaming from their phones and I've come to really appreciate and enjoy the wonderful quality.
It is just fine for most of us but. . .
There are a couple of threads here where people are improving it, adding sub woofers, reverse engineering, etc. They are spending a fair amount of money to do it too. I just hope they don't improve it so much that loud volume ruins their hearing a few years down the road.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I agree that the audio system is very good, an improvement over the Lexicon in my 2011 Genesis. Finding the right source material makes a difference, though. I get the best result from my iPod, noticeably better than streaming from my iPhone over Bluetooth. As for high volume and hearing loss, I’m way past that, LOL.

Scottish Guy

Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The difference in volume between digital radio and USB, CD and Bluetooth is disappointing.

Would that a track on a CD play as loud as a song on a digital radio station. Fed up twiddling that volume knob.

To be fair it's not just a Genesis problem, most car media systems are the same.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The difference in volume between digital radio and USB, CD and Bluetooth is disappointing.
To be fair it's not just a Genesis problem, most car media systems are the same.
I usually have the radio to volume 10 for normal listening on Sirius XM. On one station though, I have to turn it to 15 for the same level. To catch the local news on AM I have to turn it to 22.

I also have to change my home system for TV, YouTube, DVR playback. They all vary.

rroyce46

Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm quite happy with the sound of my 2016 14 speaker Lexicon system. Very clear & clean sound,no distorsion & bass is good but very dependant on recording quality.
Does the 17 speaker system really sound that much better?

I don't need the base pumped as I often hear in the car next to me @ a traffic light. It will also invariably be " In the weeds"o_O ! which I like as I can look down on the passengers (Unless it's an SUV) .

CP1

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My 2011 Jag XFR had a honking big subwoofer on top of the spare tire. It vibrated the car. That dinky little subwoofer on the back luggage rack is lucky to vibrate anything. I have the bass set at 10 and cannot feel the bass.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It’s good but I like the standard setting rather than the audience or stage sound settings.
I never tried that. Just did and agree I like the standard setting best. Seems clearer.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
it's ok for the mids and highs, nice and crisp. not so much for the low end, it needs more bass, and I don't mean whomp whomp pound pound bass.

myself and my family are musicians, while not professional by any means, we all play one or more instruments, and we are not tone deaf by any means, and while the Lexicon system is one of the better OEM systems, it defiantly needs more low end.

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The G90 has plenty of bass. I set the control to 5 and the balance is perfect. Just like in a concert.

depends on your individual preference and the type of music listen too., when I can't discern the Bass Chef when listening to a piano concerto, or tell the difference between a Bass and Baritone Saxophone, there is an issue.. Same songs in my Lexus, my '39 Tudor, and my Wife's Camry and I can clearly break out the instruments, In the G80 I cannot.. There isn't enough sub bass below 80Hz, the mid-bass between 120Hz and 250Hz is acceptable, but the true low end just isn't there.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.