• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Lexicon speaker covers

marius883

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Don’t even have my Genesis yet, but already looking into some cosmetic mods. Came across these on eBay, has anyone tried these yet?

Attachments

Last edited:

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I just out the page and only have one concern about the stock speaker grill holes lining up with the metal cover holes so they over lap without blocking the stock speaker grill holes. The sound quality may suffer if the holes are not properly aligned, which many aftermarket part rarely do to stock parts. Therefore, I will pass on the covers since I like my sound quality as is.

marius883

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Did get a message back from the seller, he states that they are in fact aluminum not plastic.

16UltV6Guy

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
Don’t even have my Genesis yet, but already looking into some cosmetic mods. Came across these on eBay, has anyone tried these yet?
I bought the tweeter covers, but have not installed them yet since it involves, imo, removing the door panels and disassembling the speakers from the backside of the door panels. (Fyi, those speakers are actually mounted to the door panels, not the inside of the door like most cars I have dealt with in the past.)

I say remove the door panels because I could not see a way to pry the existing covers off from the front side. There isn't enough room around the outside edges of the covers to get a pry tool in there. Plus, even if they could be pried off from the front side of the door panels, I could see there being leftover adhesive/tape from the stock covers around the speakers, which would need to be cleaned off so the new covers are flush with the door panel. And scaping the leftover adhesive/tape from the grill pocket in such close proximity to the speaker itself would make me nervous. One little slip and that speaker could easily get punctured. Hence why I think the safest (and maybe the only) way to install them is via door panel removal.

Interesting... I'd buy them if they're aluminum but if they're plastic, it's just going to make the car look cheap.
Did get a message back from the seller, he states that they are in fact aluminum not plastic.
Yes, I can confirm they are aluminum. They look to be very high quality also.

I just out the page and only have one concern about the stock speaker grill holes lining up with the metal cover holes so they over lap without blocking the stock speaker grill holes. The sound quality may suffer if the holes are not properly aligned, which many aftermarket part rarely do to stock parts. Therefore, I will pass on the covers since I like my sound quality as is.
Yeah, that was my other concern. Are these grills acoustically invisible...
Again, they do not go over the existing covers..... they replace them. I would not expect them to have any effect on the sound transmission versus the stock pieces.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I'd be worried about the center dash one making a nasty reflection on the middle of the windshield....

16UltV6Guy

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
I don't believe anyone (on this site) has these installed. Not that they've made known at least.

Not sure if anyone besides myself has even purchased them?!

I think they come on 2018 and newer G80's as standard. They really look a lot classier than the black grills.

Not sure when, but I'm definitely going to give them a try sometime. It may be Thanksgiving or Christmas time before I have the time to devote to this project, since I would want to do all 4 at the same time and it's going to be a learning experience taking these door panels off and getting the new covers on.

Sebastian4k

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I don't believe anyone (on this site) has these installed. Not that they've made known at least.

Not sure if anyone besides myself has even purchased them?!

I think they come on 2018 and newer G80's as standard. They really look a lot classier than the black grills.

Not sure when, but I'm definitely going to give them a try sometime. It may be Thanksgiving or Christmas time before I have the time to devote to this project, since I would want to do all 4 at the same time and it's going to be a learning experience taking these door panels off and getting the new covers on.
Record the process and let us learn from your mistakes! Thanks!

TechRep

Genesis Model Type
Following! Any luck on finding covers for the bottom door speakers as well?

Reviewing the Ad, it seems to imply that these simply adhere to the surface of the existing black covers. Will it significantly impact the speaker sound by doing so? Hoping someone can test this out

Sebastian4k

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Following! Any luck on finding covers for the bottom door speakers as well?

Reviewing the Ad, it seems to imply that these simply adhere to the surface of the existing black covers. Will it significantly impact the speaker sound by doing so? Hoping someone can test this out
Per the OP, they do not stick on the existing covers. Read the earlier comments about it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums