Lexicon stereo issue

brihvac

Been here awhile...
Delaware
I have a few issues.
1) About 3 months ago I noticed my stereo lost sound and sound quality. I had to turn it up a lot more. At first I thought it was just me but today when I started the car it sounded incredibile. The sound was so good. Bass was spectacular and it was a lot louder. I would turn the volume up to 12 and it was LOUD and clear; bass was heavy. Normally I would have to turn it up to 20 and would not even get that kind of quality of sound. I got back into the car later in the day and the crappy sound was back again. Now I know I was not crazy 3 months ago.

2) I also noticed last winter that when the weather turns cold I will have no sound on FM, Ipod works fine, but no sound through the regular FM/AM channels. After awhile it will start working again.

3) Also when cold out. When I start the car and the radio lights up I will hear one loud pop out of the speakers

4) Also when cold. The display is almost invisible until the interior of the car warms up. It does not happen everytime, just sometimes.

Anyone have any of these problems? My car does not have the Tech package. The sound quality thing is whats bothering me the most. I could not believe the differance and I want the good sound back. It has been gone for months. The radio sounds good but not as good as before. What I used to listen to at volume 8 I now have to go up to 20 and the quality is just not there,
I know the dealer is gonna try and say the sound system is fine. Hopefully they will have another Genesis on the lot to compare. Its like night and day.

Cut-Throat

Registered Member
Minneapolis
4) Also when cold. The display is almost invisible until the interior of the car warms up. It does not happen everytime, just sometimes.
I have not had any of these problems on my Genesis. But my Lexus ES300 had the above problem when very cold. I'm talking 15 below zero or colder. The LCD display would not be visible until the car was warm.

I never considered this a problem with the car, but more of a problem with the weather. No one should live in this Frozen Tundra in the winter.:)

brihvac

Been here awhile...
Delaware
I have not had any of these problems on my Genesis. But my Lexus ES300 had the above problem when very cold. I'm talking 15 below zero or colder. The LCD display would not be visible until the car was warm.

I never considered this a problem with the car, but more of a problem with the weather. No one should live in this Frozen Tundra in the winter.:)
Im talking in the 30's. It does not bother me as much as the sound issues

TahoeDD

Hasn't posted much yet...
I have a similar problem, every single time I start my car back up I have to adjust the treble and bass settings again. Although they appear in the same spot I just highlight them and readjust and it sounds fine again.
Like I have my treble and bass set to 10+ and every time i start it that is what it shows but that isn't what is playing, so i highlight each move them down and then back up to 10+ and it adjusts properly and sounds perfect again. I can explain more if you need me to in a PM but I bet this is what you are running into.

STREETS

Registered Member
Connecticut
Cold will effect any screen. The bass issue has been discussed previously. Try hitting the voice command, then say "CANCEL"- should resume normal audio settings.

tjc78

Been here awhile...
Cold will effect any screen. The bass issue has been discussed previously. Try hitting the voice command, then say "CANCEL"- should resume normal audio settings.
The problem is with the mid-level Lexicon audio (NON-Tech). There is a thread around here somewhere explaining the audio-controls resetting themselves on both startup and volume change. It is quite annoying. FWIW I drove one with the touchscreen NAV and the mid-level Lexicon and it didn't suffer from the problem.

My display also is very faint when its cold, its not a big deal as I can still read it.

FIAT

Been here awhile...
I have noticed that when my radio stations tune to the HD broadcast the sound gets lower. Non HD broadcast are louder than HD. Has any one else noticed this? Can some one try. Just select a station and see if it is not louder before it locks in to the HD broadcast.

Thanks,

Fiat

radicaltimes

Been here awhile...
When it is cold out mine makes a loud popping noise, and then sometimes the FM doesn't work for about a minute right after startup. I just got the amp replaced, they said that doesn't always fix the problem. Mine is still having the same problem. They did not want to replace the amp because they know it does not always fix the problem. The head unit is next. Make sure you document your problems with the radio. It only has a 3 year warranty. I think my junk Bose radio in my vette is better than this piece of crap.

Been here awhile...
Just experienced this with my 2009... Fading out a few seconds after changing the FM channel. I brought it to the dealership and they replaced the head unit. I drove the car into work the next day, same issue still. Now what? Amp maybe?

leebo4bama

Hasn't posted much yet...
Alabama
Replacing the amp has worked so far for me but the head unit has been replaced once and I still have the same problem you do. The mechanic called tech support in my region and was told to replace the head unit again. I will advise if the replacement solves the issue.

Been here awhile...
Well, no issues since the new amp went in... I was even outside of the stereo's warranty and they still took good care of me... Another satisfied Hyundai owner.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.