• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Lexicon system issues?

Lisa6959

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just wondering what others may be experiencing with this system and this car in general. The stereo is going off and only the center speakers works. I will attempt to use my navigation services and they will be unavailable, as if it can’t connect when this is happening. I have 6000 something miles on mine and am very upset about this and the dealership could care less. The car was sold and they are done with me basically. Trade in value is only 25k at best and I just paid 43k in June. I’ve also had the car almost not start sounding like it wasn’t getting gas. My screen was black for half a day with absolutely nothing working but the engine. I was so excited to buy this car and read nothing but good reviews. Wow what a shocker this has been

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just wondering what others may be experiencing with this system and this car in general. The stereo is going off and only the center speakers works. I will attempt to use my navigation services and they will be unavailable, as if it can’t connect when this is happening. I have 6000 something miles on mine and am very upset about this and the dealership could care less. The car was sold and they are done with me basically. Trade in value is only 25k at best and I just paid 43k in June. I’ve also had the car almost not start sounding like it wasn’t getting gas. My screen was black for half a day with absolutely nothing working but the engine. I was so excited to buy this car and read nothing but good reviews. Wow what a shocker this has been
What year car? What trim?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Sounds like the head unit/ radio is not right. If the dealer is truly that bad and you have no other options call up Hyundai Headquarters! Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. However there is a very big group of folks on this forum who are very knowledgeable about these cars ,so maybe someone else has some answers.

Lisa6959

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any other dealers near you? What you describe is certainly not normal. It may be difficult to diagnose if intermittent but certainly is not to be ignored. If possible I'd try a different dealer and also, if possible when it is happening take it to a dealer to witness.
I am no longer going to contact the dealership I bought it from. I do have another one in mind. Problem is, it is intermittent. If it’s not doing it when I take it in - there’s nothing they can do. I’ve had to have the battery replaced already 2 months ago and I have no idea if this is the issue or not bc I know if you don’t have the correct voltage it can make the computer act up, bc it wasn’t starting, the car would tell me I needed to take a break as soon as I left my house etc.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
I am no longer going to contact the dealership I bought it from. I do have another one in mind. Problem is, it is intermittent. If it’s not doing it when I take it in - there’s nothing they can do. I’ve had to have the battery replaced already 2 months ago and I have no idea if this is the issue or not bc I know if you don’t have the correct voltage it can make the computer act up, bc it wasn’t starting, the car would tell me I needed to take a break as soon as I left my house etc.
Maybe when battery was replaced something was left loose? Or maybe there is a bigger underlying problem and that's why the battery crapped out?

Lisa6959

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Maybe when battery was replaced something was left loose? Or maybe there is a bigger underlying problem and that's why the battery crapped out?
We own a shop and my husband just checked the battery and it’s not getting the right voltage so looks like that is the issue again.

Lisa6959

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I love this car. It’s beautiful, it’s fast, it’s sexy looking lol. I just want it to be right. Thank you for your replies and input :) I am just frustrated bc this has went on from day 3 with my new baby

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
We own a shop and my husband just checked the battery and it’s not getting the right voltage so looks like that is the issue again.
You said it earlier computers CV an act goofy if they dont have proper voltage! Like I had said dont get discouraged with the car. These are good vehicles. I have only owned my Genny for 8 months and just love it.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
I love this car. It’s beautiful, it’s fast, it’s sexy looking lol. I just want it to be right. Thank you for your replies and input :) I am just frustrated bc this has went on from day 3 with my new baby
I totally get it. They are sexy and fast! I had bought my 15 5.0 in april. After driving home 700 miles from the dealer I found that the clearcoat on front bumper was not right . I call Hyundai Corporate and they took care of it
Had the car fixed and got paid within 3 weeks. You'll get it. Hang in there!👍

Lisa6959

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You said it earlier computers CV an act goofy if they dont have proper voltage! Like I had said dont get discouraged with the car. These are good vehicles. I have only owned my Genny for 8 months and just love it.
Haha I call mine genny also. I do absolutely love my car. I just bought the rear wing and roof spoiler and It looks sweet. It it sure won’t look good on side the road. Got a call Into another dealership so hoping it goes well

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Haha I call mine genny also. I do absolutely love my car. I just bought the rear wing and roof spoiler and It looks sweet. It it sure won’t look good on side the road. Got a call Into another dealership so hoping it goes well
It will go well! Stay positive, I know it can hard to do so . You love it even more when you get the 100%

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums