• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Loaner car experience at Chantilly Virginia Hyundai/Genesis.

MAM

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I had a rather unique experience that I’d like to share. The service department is great, they spent a month with my car diagnosing my car for a flutter at 25-30 mph.

My issue was with the loaner car. They have a rule there that you cannot have pets in the loaner. The kicker is they charge you $250 if you violate this rule. This is excessive. I had a Kona for three weeks and during that time I took my dog for a grooming, not realizing it was prohibited. I was able to talk my way out of the charge because I was not aware of the rule.

I had to return and got a Elantra loaner which I only had for a few days. Upon return they claimed there were pet hairs on the drivers seat, which apparently came off the jacket I was wearing. They again wanted to charge me $250, for pet hair transferred from my clothing!

in discussion with Hyundai customer service I was told that each dealer makes their own rules for loaners. So please beware when you get a loaner, make sure you understand the rules.

I’ve never experienced such an onerous set of rules for a loaner and it left me with a very bad opinion of this dealership, even though the service itself was very good.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums