Looking for staggered summers 18"s to clear Brembo brakes

ncrashb

Registered Member
MB, Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have 18" Enkei wheels I use in the winter, they are 18x8 all around but I used to have 225 tires on front and 245 on rear. They clear the Brembos but not by too much lol. +40 offset I think or something like that, fairly sunk in. Not compatible with bolt-on spacers either like the OEM wheels are.

Volfy

Some fava beans and a nice Chianti
Gulf Coast
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've got a square setup on the G70 with 18x8.5 Enkei TFR all around. I wouldn't worry too much about clearing the Brembos. I've got two other sets of 18" wheel that both clear F&R Brembos just fine. One set is the OEM Stinger 18x8 wheels. Another is 18x7.5 from my old '09 Genesis 3.8.

As for offset... as long as you stay close to the specs for the OEM 19" wheels, you're safe. Genesis G70 2022 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs Some guys like to use 20mm spacers to make the wheels flush with the fender for supposedly better aesthetics. I'm not a fan of that, as it messes up the scrub radius and introduces handling issues. Scrub radius - Wikipedia.

I wouldn't go wider than 18x8.5 and 255/40R18 in the rear. Phat wheels and phat tires look menacing, but adds unsprung weight unless you spend beaucoup buck on forged wheels. To maintain the same scrub radius as OEM 19x8.5 wheels, 18x9 rim in the rear would need an offset of 52.8mm. That may not clear the suspension on the inside, so you will likely have to go with less offset and wider your rear track.

JSKS76

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Yeah, I definitely don't want to deviate from the scrub radius much. I do like Enkei rims, as they are lightweight and strong. The challenge is for 5x114.3, often they only have 18x8 +40 and not +35, so they're a bit more sunken in by 6 mm. I actually want to run lightweight 18's to have less angular momentum for better acceleration, braking, and more sidewall for suspension.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Volfy

Some fava beans and a nice Chianti
Gulf Coast
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can use 5mm or 3mm wheel spacers to bring 40mm ET closer to factory offset. These are thin enough you can use regular length lug bolts.