FLGator94

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Trying to locate a G70 with following specifications:

• 3.3L Twin-Turbocharged V6 with 8-speed Automatic AWD
  • 3.3L Sport Package
  • Siberian Ice
  • Black with Red Stitching
Does anybody know where I can find one? Have you seen one at a dealership? Help please.

Last edited:

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Great specs and color choice. I might have had one if my wife could have lived with the red stitching.

I test drove one with RWD a couple of weeks ago at Genesis of Alexandria (VA). Give Chris Spillman a call there (703) 535-6840x213, he wo. Not showing as available anymore on the Genesis website. Best bet would be to call the dealers. The G70 I bought in early November was not listed accurately on the Genesis website. I only found out about it by calling the dealer at 4:30pm on a Saturday. Made the drive, test drove it and bought it by 5:45pm.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Use cars.com
Search for the G70..any distance.
Sort by price...highest first.

You know the price is > $52,500

Then start going one by one...looking up the window stickers.

Also utilize the Genesis inventory search...look north of VA.

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Posted before I finished.

There is a thread on RWD v. AWD. Seconding Beefer's point, I understand if Genesis considers the dealer to be in a southern state (including Virginia), they will primarily get RWD models. Northern states (Maryland) will get more AWDs.

I prefer the handling of the RWD. Others have a different opinion. Try them both. Put the right tires on and you won't lose much if anything in braking and handling.

I'm in Northern Virginia, so not a high snow area by any means. If you are dealing with occasional snow, RWD and a good set of winter tires (I'm loving the Pirelli Sottozero 3's) should do the trick.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well what luck. There at like 4 of my cars out there now...LOL.

Would you go for gray stitching? I found 4 using the Genesis Inventory search...used a NJ zip.

Thread starter #7

FLGator94

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Beefer, TurtleBoy, Gee Bee, others - I really appreciate the help and the feedback. More than can be known. Thanks!

I'm in Tampa. I've been to Tampa, St. Pete, and other Genesis dealerships. They are not knowledge at what is going on. At the St. Petersburg dealership I asked for Genesis sales rep, then asked if that dealership was certified to sale Genesis. The answer was yes. Then they continued to say that G70's weren't available anywhere (including nationally). Why don't they know? If I could increase my sales quota, I would be pushing. It's sad. I informed there are dealerships selling G70's (I knew this thanks to the threads here you all have posted). I've also called / texted Georgia dealerships - no luck. I've been ready to buy for a while now and it's frustrating.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I asked for Genesis sales rep, then asked if that dealership was certified to sale Genesis. The answer was yes.
I think you asked the wrong question and he took advantage of that. He my be certified to sell 2017 and 2018 Genesis but not 2019. So you should have asked are you certified to sell the G70. As far as I can see there are no G70 dealerships in Florida so he likely just want to sell you something else.

When there is a disconnect like the one you are describing i find that it is usually either someone is lying or they are taking advantage of a technicality in the question.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Beefer, TurtleBoy, Gee Bee, others - I really appreciate the help and the feedback. More than can be known. Thanks!

I'm in Tampa. I've been to Tampa, St. Pete, and other Genesis dealerships. They are not knowledge at what is going on. At the St. Petersburg dealership I asked for Genesis sales rep, then asked if that dealership was certified to sale Genesis. The answer was yes. Then they continued to say that G70's weren't available anywhere (including nationally). Why don't they know? If I could increase my sales quota, I would be pushing. It's sad. I informed there are dealerships selling G70's (I knew this thanks to the threads here you all have posted). I've also called / texted Georgia dealerships - no luck. I've been ready to buy for a while now and it's frustrating.
I got the same answers here in Miami but It's been known that Florida will be starting selling in December. Just wait a little bit to see if that really happens.

g_421774

Trying to locate a G70 with following specifications:

• 3.3L Twin-Turbocharged V6 with 8-speed Automatic AWD
  • 3.3L Sport Package
  • Siberian Ice
  • Black with Red Stitching
Does anybody know where I can find one? Have you seen one at a dealership? Help please.
I just bought one with the exact same colors. It has 1500 kms on it and is garaged. Interested?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.