Loss of Power

matpal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I always thought my car was slower than what it should be (completely stock) and this was confirmed after driving a loner car of the exact same 3.3 AWD. My car just doesn't nearly have the same acceleration in any mode.

I remember reading one of these online magazines had their turbo disconnect and wonder if that could be my problem. I am kind of at odds with my service center from them cosmetically damaging the car the last 3 times it's been in, so I wanted to see if I could do a quick fix myself before hassling with them again.

Not being mechanically inclined at all, and not being able to find an engine diagram, are the turbos easy to visualize from either top or bottom? Best way to get to them?

Or has anyone else had this issue of missing power and has a different solution?

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
if youre not mechanically inclined, you might have some trouble finding the issue.

could be a loose hose causing a boost leak. start at the Blow Off Valves and work your way back from there.

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I always thought my car was slower than what it should be (completely stock) and this was confirmed after driving a loner car of the exact same 3.3 AWD. My car just doesn't nearly have the same acceleration in any mode.

I remember reading one of these online magazines had their turbo disconnect and wonder if that could be my problem. I am kind of at odds with my service center from them cosmetically damaging the car the last 3 times it's been in, so I wanted to see if I could do a quick fix myself before hassling with them again.

Not being mechanically inclined at all, and not being able to find an engine diagram, are the turbos easy to visualize from either top or bottom? Best way to get to them?

Or has anyone else had this issue of missing power and has a different solution?

Pop your hood. Take a picture of the left side of the engine and right side. Follow the intakes (black boxs) We might be able to help if you post pictures. might be able to see a hose off.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners