Lots of stuff

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Washed the car with dawn to remove the old wax and road debris. Clay bar with lubricant then buff and polish. Afterward a nice coat of La Cera Amarilla Wax. Shines like a mirror. Afterward went for installation of new Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires and and alignment. Then did the same to my other car but not the tires. Good stuff

Attachments

• 4999B629-619F-4D24-B731-DD39ECC14651.jpeg
    4999B629-619F-4D24-B731-DD39ECC14651.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 71DD1EFC-E2AD-4D50-9BB8-51F54E7BC74A.jpeg
    71DD1EFC-E2AD-4D50-9BB8-51F54E7BC74A.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 48

socrbob

Enjoying the sharing of information.
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Missouri
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Great 2 cars! What do you think of the new tires?

G-778246

Great 2 cars! What do you think of the new tires?
Thank you for the kind words. About the tires. As good as I expected. Very good handling and smooth ride. In retrospect It was a very good choice. I have noticed it takes but a mile or 2 for the tires to compose themselves in the cold weather. Little bumpy at start but goes right away. Would buy again!

socrbob

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Missouri
Genesis Model Type
Thanks for your reply, am looking forward to replacing my tires. They were new on the used car when I purchased it. They generate a lot of road noise. How would you classify the VQR tires in this regard, none, mild, or too much?

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Washed the car with dawn to remove the old wax and road debris. Clay bar with lubricant then buff and polish. Afterward a nice coat of La Cera Amarilla Wax. Shines like a mirror. Afterward went for installation of new Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires and and alignment. Then did the same to my other car but not the tires. Good stuff
Update on tires. It’s been snowing here in New Hampshire and I’ve had a chance to use my tires in deep snow. One of the reasons I went to Vredestein Quatrac Pros was because I was very disappointed in the tires I had mounted in my Audi A6 Quattro. I tried Pirelli P7 Cen Plus and felt that I had minimum winter performance capability with excellent good weather capability. I needed both. The Vreds have been great. Took the car out in snow and felt that it definitely stopped and gripped much better than any AS tire I’ve ever had. As I drive my confidence grew to the point that I felt I should give them what I consider to be the real test. I took the car to an unplowed parking lot with 12” of fresh snow and held my breath. Didn’t want to have to call for a tow and hear the laughter while they pulled me out. I put the car in D and took off under normal power and the car and tire responded admirably. I stepped on my brakes and the car stopped well. I turned corners confidently. In short the car and tires shocked me. The combination was eating up the snow. The Vreds are great in all aspects. Only problem is that they need 5 miles in winter to warm up and get rid of a small cold tire vibration. I’d highly recommend the G80 AWD system along with the Vredestein Quatrac Pros. I can go anywhere.

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Dawn does not remove car wax, FYI.

Thank you for your reply. I understand and appreciate your input. It’s certainly different than many of us in the car enthusiast hobby take as fact. Now I’m confused oh well gives us more to talk about.

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you for your reply. I understand and appreciate your input. It’s certainly different than many of us in the car enthusiast hobby take as fact. Now I’m confused oh well gives us more to talk about.

I've been both an amateur and a semi professional car detailer for better than 30yrs, and am also a graduate of Esoteric Details "Enthusiast" detailing academy, just as a bit of a background.

Dawn(Blue Dawn specifically) as a car wax stripper was debunked over a decade ago.

My suggestion for something cheap, easy to obtain, easy to use, and safe for all automotive surfaces is Purple Power Heavy Duty Boat Wash concentrate. Mix one to two cups in a five gallon bucket with a quality non wax car wash. McGuire's Gold Class is my go to. Next time you want to strip old wax or sealant, give it a try.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've been both an amateur and a semi professional car detailer for better than 30yrs, and am also a graduate of Esoteric Details "Enthusiast" detailing academy, just as a bit of a background.

Dawn(Blue Dawn specifically) as a car wax stripper was debunked over a decade ago.

My suggestion for something cheap, easy to obtain, easy to use, and safe for all automotive surfaces is Purple Power Heavy Duty Boat Wash concentrate. Mix one to two cups in a five gallon bucket with a quality non wax car wash. McGuire's Gold Class is my go to. Next time you want to strip old wax or sealant, give it a try.
Good stuff to know guess I’ll be changing my habits

socrbob

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Missouri
Genesis Model Type
Update on tires. It’s been snowing here in New Hampshire and I’ve had a chance to use my tires in deep snow. One of the reasons I went to Vredestein Quatrac Pros was because I was very disappointed in the tires I had mounted in my Audi A6 Quattro. I tried Pirelli P7 Cen Plus and felt that I had minimum winter performance capability with excellent good weather capability. I needed both. The Vreds have been great. Took the car out in snow and felt that it definitely stopped and gripped much better than any AS tire I’ve ever had. As I drive my confidence grew to the point that I felt I should give them what I consider to be the real test. I took the car to an unplowed parking lot with 12” of fresh snow and held my breath. Didn’t want to have to call for a tow and hear the laughter while they pulled me out. I put the car in D and took off under normal power and the car and tire responded admirably. I stepped on my brakes and the car stopped well. I turned corners confidently. In short the car and tires shocked me. The combination was eating up the snow. The Vreds are great in all aspects. Only problem is that they need 5 miles in winter to warm up and get rid of a small cold tire vibration. I’d highly recommend the G80 AWD system along with the Vredestein Quatrac Pros. I can go anywhere.
Thanks for your assessment, confirmed my decision to get the Vreds when needed. Or when I can no longer put up with the current heavy road noise.

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for your reply, am looking forward to replacing my tires. They were new on the used car when I purchased it. They generate a lot of road noise. How would you classify the VQR tires in this regard, none, mild, or too much?
Nice to mild as far as road noise. Good handling with a rumble for the first 5 miles in cold weather which goes away. Excellent in the snow

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners