• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Low Profile Sport Wheels/Car Wash

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone had any issues with scratching or damage to your dark chrome wheels going through a non touch commercial wash?

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks. First car with low profile tires/wheels and concerned with possibility of wheels rubbing against the rails.

johnny3fingers

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Why don't you hand wash it?
Problem solved.....

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have been but often like the convenience of a drive through.

johnny3fingers

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Yeah, makes sense. Guess I am fortunate. The drive through I used is touch-less and is jus a big bay with out rails. The car wash is an overhead facing/side facing arm that moves back and forth the length and width of the car then blows it dry too

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My previous car had wheels that extended beyond the plane of the tires. That is, when I approached the curb the wheel would make contact first. The tires would not scuff before the wheels. Believe me, I know this about them. When I bought this car the first thing I did was to put a straightedge vertically from top to bottom of the 18" wheel/tire (Primacy Michelin). The wheel is inset ~1/8 inch from the tire so a bit of protection from curbing. The reverse of my previous vehicle. Hope this aids your concerns.

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am a member of Mr Carwash (Tampa chain) where you basically drive up, get out and drink a coffee and your car gets valet washed, dried inside and out. It uses a wheel conveyor for part of it. I do this about twice a week for about 6 months in the G70 and 12 months before that in S6 with custom rims. No scratches.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wish we had a Mr. Carwash here. Going to put a straight edge on my 19's and see if have a bit of rubber protection.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums