• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

First Generation lsx or coyote swap R-spec sedan

mcieutat

Hasn't posted much yet...
Covington, LA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Has anyone thought of or done this yet? I am in the process of doing my do diligence on the swap and it seemed to be pretty straight forward, but after doing some additional research I have hit a road block with the TCM. If anyone knows about the correlation feeds please elaborate because I really do want to keep my 8 speed tranny vs swapping to a 6 speed. One more thing does anyone know if the clutch pedal assembly out of the coupe will fit into the genesis sedan. IMG_1550.jpg

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
This is going to be a really fun build. I'm not quite sure on the TCM but getting the clutch pedal assembly from the coupe to work will be a little challenging.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
I'm just amazed that so many of us are not satisfied with the 5.0' lack of aftermarket mods to increase power, and we know nothing is really in the pipeline. But I found that just doing the bare minimum almost zero cost mods shown on this web site will outshine any non modified '15 or 16 Mustang GT from start to top. Those that want the 50 to 100 additional rwhp, just do the Ford thing (since so many are interested in Fords) and NOS it. Ford guys have been doing it for over 50 years to try to keep up with /beat Chevys. Summit sells fool proof kits for under $600 that will fit our 5.0 without requiring any ECU/TCM mods, etc., plus you control when you want it.. If you are running only a few times a week when you really, really need the boost, one bottle charge will last weeks. Passes all emissions as well. Just saying.
Winning is all that counts.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Yep. NOS can be adopted to almost any gas engine.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
j_fields, just call Summit tech and they will help you as to what they think your needs will be. Virginia has a lot of speed shops and most know how to work/tailor NOS systems.

mcieutat

Covington, LA
Genesis Model Type
Okay guys sorry for the delay, but trying to put this together has become a lot larger project than i ever imagined. So what i have done is ordered a genesis 5.0L intake to see if i can manufacture and adapter to install a low boost whipple set up and actually run a DFI standalone fuel system. once i get the intake into cad i will be able to move forward. But I have a nitrous direct v8 fogger sysytem that i am going to plum into the intake once i get all the info needed from it. I am going to be about 60 to 90 days out on this but to answer the question ahead of time i plane to jet the nozzles for a 20 to 25 hp setting with a progressive controller. All my research has led me to believe the tau has forged internals! So a 200 to 240 shot wet on a controller should be no problem. Hell if it fails more the reason to swap for a coyote.

mcieutat

Covington, LA
Genesis Model Type
So do you want to supercharge it or just install nitrous or both lol?

both, lol! no nos as a fall back... good news is i just got the coyote intake in so now just waiting for a tau intake so i can cad up and see what otions i have. moving along slowly but it is moving along.

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
ok great. So basically you are going to take the measurements of the ports on the stock intake to make an adapter for a Whipple supercharger.

mcieutat

Covington, LA
Genesis Model Type
Yes that is exaclty what my plans are but they have once again been delayed because i cant at this time down my car. and not really wanting to bail out 650.00 for genesis intake to hack up for cad. On a good note i have found a guy in central Louisiana that has had decent luck with tuning the hyundai ecu. His concern is the fuel needed to supply with upgraded injectors as we all know the 5.0l genny is gdi...

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
Okay totally understandable. Being able to get the measurements and fabricating an adapter plate is simple for the most part. Trying to find a supercharger that would actually line up with the pulleys would be the challenge. Would the guy in Louisiana be able to tune the 4.6?

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
May want to check junkyard places or I have found some parts from Ebay from recycle shops and they have had 2012 and 2013 genesis rspec sedans available.

Paul

Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
With talk of FI such as supercharging, and fuel being a limiting factor, have you considered adding extra injectors with a controller to compensate? They can easily be added in pre-throttle body and adjusted to provide the needed fuel. There are companies such as Racetech that make a fairly simple extra injector setup.

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
With talk of FI such as supercharging, and fuel being a limiting factor, have you considered adding extra injectors with a controller to compensate? They can easily be added in pre-throttle body and adjusted to provide the needed fuel. There are companies such as Racetech that make a fairly simple extra injector setup.
Thats not a bad idea

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Uhh. LSX bro. Duh

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
Yes that is exaclty what my plans are but they have once again been delayed because i cant at this time down my car. and not really wanting to bail out 650.00 for genesis intake to hack up for cad. On a good note i have found a guy in central Louisiana that has had decent luck with tuning the hyundai ecu. His concern is the fuel needed to supply with upgraded injectors as we all know the 5.0l genny is gdi...
Any progress with coming up with an idea for a supercharger or swap?