Magnaflow 19116

FABRAMSFAN

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Does any one know if magnaflow 19116 cat- back exhaust will fit 2019 genesis g80 5.0 ultimate. Looks like it would but magnaflow people say no. That it only fits 2015-2016.

OneLonelyPlayah

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Does any one know if magnaflow 19116 cat- back exhaust will fit 2019 genesis g80 5.0 ultimate. Looks like it would but magnaflow people say no. That it only fits 2015-2016.
I was actually wondering this myself. The layout looks nearly identical. Maybe this weekend I'll take a look at part numbers of the stock exhausts and see if they are the same. That would be a clear indicator.

OneLonelyPlayah

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So I did a cursory inspection, and they are very similar. The exhaust system is composed of three sections, the center resonator with attached pipes, the left muffler and connecting tubes, and the right side with connecting tubes.

The left and right muffler sections are identical in part numbers for the V8. The resonator is where things aren't identical. The part numbers are extremely similar, but not the same, denoting some change made between the two. I can say that just going off of the picture, they look size wise to be able to fit in the same place.

here is the website if you want to take a look for yourself - Hyundai Parts - Genuine OEM Hyundai Parts and Accessories Online

edit-One other thing I can tell you is that, after looking at the frame stamping part numbers, the V8 uses the same center floor stamping p/n-65111-B1040 (which is where the resonator and associated plumbing lives).

I 'think' Magnaflow's 2016 exhaust will work on a 2018, and the reason they are probably saying no is due to not testing the fit on the 2018.

FABRAMSFAN

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
So I did a cursory inspection, and they are very similar. The exhaust system is composed of three sections, the center resonator with attached pipes, the left muffler and connecting tubes, and the right side with connecting tubes.

The left and right muffler sections are identical in part numbers for the V8. The resonator is where things aren't identical. The part numbers are extremely similar, but not the same, denoting some change made between the two. I can say that just going off of the picture, they look size wise to be able to fit in the same place.

here is the website if you want to take a look for yourself - Hyundai Parts - Genuine OEM Hyundai Parts and Accessories Online

edit-One other thing I can tell you is that, after looking at the frame stamping part numbers, the V8 uses the same center floor stamping p/n-65111-B1040 (which is where the resonator and associated plumbing lives).

I 'think' Magnaflow's 2016 exhaust will work on a 2018, and the reason they are probably saying no is due to not testing the fit on the 2018.
Thanks for the research. I might take the chance and order one to see if it will fit. I'll be updating when it all happens. Thanks again for your help.

G-356879

As long as the 2019 model still still retains the quad outlet tips as the previous model years it will work. I have it for my 3.8 and it fits besides having to squeeze 4 true exhaust outlets to breathe out of 2 tips.

FABRAMSFAN

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
As long as the 2019 model still still retains the quad outlet tips as the previous model years it will work. I have it for my 3.8 and it fits besides having to squeeze 4 true exhaust outlets to breathe out of 2 tips.
How does it sound? Any droning? Not looking for it to be really loud. Just louder than stock. Thanks for the info.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums