• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T Magnaflow exhaust for G70

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just an update: Haven't heard back from Cody. I'll try to remember to call them later to follow up
Interesting because Cody never replied to my original email. Maybe he only talks to Todd, IDK. On a side note I found the same or actually better down pipes and a better price on the LAP3 v2 Pro Tuner from SXTH Element. They also install Magnaflow so I asked them if they could get in touch with Cody at Magnaflow and get permission to use my car as the test car if they will allow it and if I can get a free exhaust or heavily discounted because I'd be driving 11 hours 781 miles one way from Chicago to South Carolina. That was this morning so we'll see what they say or if I get a response.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any word on this?
Actually emailed Cody this morning as I was wondering too.

His response:
"As of now, I am waiting on my design team. All that is left is approval from the director and then scheduling. I will keep you updated once they give me the info."

You guys will be the first to know when I get more info and I'll make sure I'm politely persistent so we can get the ball moving asap

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Actually emailed Cody this morning as I was wondering too.

His response:
"As of now, I am waiting on my design team. All that is left is approval from the director and then scheduling. I will keep you updated once they give me the info."

You guys will be the first to know when I get more info and I'll make sure I'm politely persistent so we can get the ball moving asap
On behalf of the ENTIRE G70 forum (especially the people that pretend they don't want a new exhaust, and also the people that got other exhausts but secretly know that Magnaflow is the best) I thank you for your ambassadorial efforts.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On behalf of the ENTIRE G70 forum (especially the people that pretend they don't want a new exhaust, and also the people that got other exhausts but secretly know that Magnaflow is the best) I thank you for your ambassadorial efforts.
Yes I totally agree with Todd. I don’t pretend want one, I definitely want one
1568421334234.png

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No thanks needed. I fell into "pretend they don't want a new exhaust" up until I talked to Cody. LOL

Wyo_Cowboy

Registered Member
Clermont, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys,
Noob here, just joined forum today. I'm looking to purchase a 2019 G70 Sport 3.3t RWD sooner than later, and definitely want to do some mods & upgrades. Have been reading the forum for past hour or so and this thread is of high interest to me because so far I've not liked what I've found for exhaust upgrades for G70.

On another note, the AWD vs. RWD really has me reconsidering the AWD option. I'm from Cheyenne, Wyoming, but now live in West Orlando, FL, so was thinking I don't need AWD? Reading the thread on that discussion has me re-thinking overall performance and control because it rains like hell here and the roads can get quite a few inches of rain very quickly. In fact a few years ago on the FL Turnpike and FHP Officer lost control (hydoplane) in a downpour and wrecked his cruiser and he did not survive.

How much more should I expect to pay for AWD? I will probably have to order it because I cannot find any dealers in town that have a G70 3.3t Sport in Siberian Ice, and there are not many AWD trim packages that I see at dealers either.

Anyway, you all have a great forum here and all the advice and information is greatly appreciated.
Wyo_Cowboy

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys,
Noob here, just joined forum today. I'm looking to purchase a 2019 G70 Sport 3.3t RWD sooner than later, and definitely want to do some mods & upgrades. Have been reading the forum for past hour or so and this thread is of high interest to me because so far I've not liked what I've found for exhaust upgrades for G70.

On another note, the AWD vs. RWD really has me reconsidering the AWD option. I'm from Cheyenne, Wyoming, but now live in West Orlando, FL, so was thinking I don't need AWD? Reading the thread on that discussion has me re-thinking overall performance and control because it rains like hell here and the roads can get quite a few inches of rain very quickly. In fact a few years ago on the FL Turnpike and FHP Officer lost control (hydoplane) in a downpour and wrecked his cruiser and he did not survive.

How much more should I expect to pay for AWD? I will probably have to order it because I cannot find any dealers in town that have a G70 3.3t Sport in Siberian Ice, and there are not many AWD trim packages that I see at dealers either.

Anyway, you all have a great forum here and all the advice and information is greatly appreciated.
Wyo_Cowboy
Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

You probably want to read this and/or post here. There's also a discussion of AWD vs RWD, but that thread is a bit of a can of worms.

I think MSRP is $2k more, but you'd probably have to purchase from another dealer or figure out if they can do a dealer swap for you. I think the impact to your bottom line is dependent on how well you negotiate. With 2020's around the corner there should hopefully be some wiggle room for you.

Welcome to the forum

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok I’m not waiting. AutoAnything has the system for 20% off So $1190 free shipping. Code end20

I‘ll just do like Scotttisha did and have the dual cut off and a single made to fit.

matpal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok I’m not waiting. AutoAnything has the system for 20% off So $1190 free shipping. Code end20

I‘ll just do like Scotttisha did and have the dual cut off and a single made to fit.
Can you post a link to the one you're getting?

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here is the MagnaFlow link.

I thought they offered three different models, racing, competition and a street series model. Now I'm only seeing the competition series model as the only one they offer. I listened to the sound from the video on the website but that's from a Mustang 5.0 Any idea how many dB's this exhaust is? I do like the fact that even without the 20% price reduction, it's still several hundred less than the Ark GRiP

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Dang... Don't tempt me!

To me it looks like it is hanging a little lower to the ground than it should be. Scott said it was just the angle of the picture, though.. hmm... But that is such a good deal....

image00003.jpeg
image00004.jpeg

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dang... Don't tempt me!

To me it looks like it is hanging a little lower to the ground than it should be. Scott said it was just the angle of the picture, though.. hmm... But that is such a good deal....

View attachment 23678
View attachment 23679

I looked at some of the stinger ones and you can see the muffler is hanging down at a slightly different angle wouldn’t bother me a bit gives people behind me something to eyeball.

Yeah I couldn’t pass up that price cost me about $150 to have my muffler shop put the tips on it like Scott did so it’s still cheaper than full price of the system.

By the way Todd I should be up there next July we’re gonna be staying at the beach for a weekend with the kids so maybe I’ll run into you up there

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums