• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T Magnaflow exhaust for G70

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I looked at some of the stinger ones and you can see the muffler is hanging down at a slightly different angle wouldn’t bother me a bit gives people behind me something to eyeball.

Yeah I couldn’t pass up that price cost me about $150 to have my muffler shop put the tips on it like Scott did so it’s still cheaper than full price of the system.

By the way Todd I should be up there next July we’re gonna be staying at the beach for a weekend with the kids so maybe I’ll run into you up there
I'll be interested to see how your exhaust turns out. I'm sure your muffler shop will do a way better job than how my midpipes turned out! Haha. Please keep us posted.

Perhaps if I can find a GOOD muffler shop I may follow suit.

Shoot me a PM when you're headed up here!

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'll be interested to see how your exhaust turns out. I'm sure your muffler shop will do a way better job than how my midpipes turned out! Haha. Please keep us posted.

Perhaps if I can find a GOOD muffler shop I may follow suit.

Shoot me a PM when you're headed up here!

I’ll keep everything posted once I get it done I’m gonna go as far as getting a circular plate just like Factory to block off keep you from looking through the hole Scott just left his without anything you can see through the bumper to the exhaust which I don’t like.

Plus if you look at our exhaust pipe inside the finisher is slightly oval also

Looking for a good muffler shop Orchards Muffler. Dealt with Rich for 35 years before I moved

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought they offered three different models, racing, competition and a street series model. Now I'm only seeing the competition series model as the only one they offer. I listened to the sound from the video on the website but that's from a Mustang 5.0 Any idea how many dB's this exhaust is? I do like the fact that even without the 20% price reduction, it's still several hundred less than the Ark GRiP

There are sound clips on the MagnaFlow website when you look up the 19406 for the stinger you can listen to how it sounds between stock and the MagnaFlow

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ll keep everything posted once I get it done I’m gonna go as far as getting a circular plate just like Factory to block off keep you from looking through the hole Scott just left his without anything you can see through the bumper to the exhaust which I don’t like.

Plus if you look at our exhaust pipe inside the finisher is slightly oval also

Looking for a good muffler shop Orchards Muffler. Dealt with Rich for 35 years before I moved
Hmmm.. They look like they know their stuff. Think he'd be up for customizing the MF exhaust for my G70?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the update!

As for the sound, some Stinger guys didn't like it because it was too quiet, primarily at WOT. Others have said it gets a little loud at mid-rpms and partial throttle, and pretty much everyone thinks it's due to the Helmholtz resonators.

I'm thinking if I buy this exhaust I'll just remove them, to keep the sound more linear relative to throttle position and Rpms. Should be pretty easy, just hack off that extension elbow, and weld a block-off plate on there or something... Plus, less weight!

image00005.jpg

Last edited:

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the update!

As for the sound, some Stinger guys didn't like it because it was too quiet, primarily at WOT. Others have said it gets a little loud at mid-rpms and partial throttle, and pretty much everyone thinks it's due to the Helmholtz resonators.

I'm thinking if I buy this exhaust I'll just remove them, to keep the sound more linear relative to throttle position and Rpms. Should be pretty easy, just back off that extension elbow, and weld a block-off plate on there or something... Plus, less weight!
I'll bring it up when I do eventually go to the shop. Cody did mention that they're not going for the loudest possible exhaust system as the buyer demographics for the G70 aren't exactly the same as your Mustang or ricer honda civic owners

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'll bring it up when I do eventually go to the shop. Cody did mention that they're not going for the loudest possible exhaust system as the buyer demographics for the G70 aren't exactly the same as your Mustang or ricer honda civic owners
One big reason why I want the Magnaflow is because it's not super loud, and they use straight through, baffled mufflers so it still flows very well. That said, I think they're on the right track with their G70 customer interests! I'm sure whatever they come up with will be solid.

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks good. Sound is about 20% maybe 25% louder than stock just has a lower more rumbly noise to it I tried to get some sound clips it just doesn’t compare to listening to it in person.

One thing is it’s not a direct fit you have to cut the mid pipe back about 3 1/2 inches because it’s too long and then of course modify the exhaust tips

B780602B-C39A-46FA-961E-40A91DEAE903.jpeg29370676-7AB7-445A-A173-77523E091548.jpeg0D6E8704-8A98-42FC-B7FA-433215563D43.jpeg
04D27AAC-1D4C-4866-A9B4-C2213BA23DB9.jpeg

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks nice! Are you happy with the sound?
Quite happy with the sound I turned off the artificial engine noise and it actually has a better sound to it to me 1 to 2000 RPM has a nice low rumble to it not annoying though and when you get on it you can definitely hear it

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice!

So Scott was a liar! Hahah. He said everything else fits w/out modification. Haha.

Thanks for posting. It looks really good, doesn't look too low at all. How much did they end up charging you, if you don't mind?

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Quite happy with the sound I turned off the artificial engine noise and it actually has a better sound to it to me 1 to 2000 RPM has a nice low rumble to it not annoying though and when you get on it you can definitely hear it
I was told by ArkGuy on Facebook that just their catback with no other mods, the exhaust "at 5k RPMs the peak decibel hit 92.3" . I heard that the stock exhaust is 80dB but have no clue at what rpm that rating is at.

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice!

So Scott was a liar! Hahah. He said everything else fits w/out modification. Haha.

Thanks for posting. It looks really good, doesn't look too low at all. How much did they end up charging you, if you don't mind?

Wades muffler here in Arizona charge me $175 and that was to go ahead and install the rear muffler’s and cut everything make and bend the tips to fit. Plus I got an $85 credit from Auto Anything because one of the exhaust tips was bent and the mounting flange was bent from shipping so it actually only cost me $90 to have it installed and fitted.

Pulling the stock exhaust off took me maybe 15-20 minutes pretty easy job, install on the mid pipe took 10 minutes the only other thing is where the mid pipe hangs on the factory rubber hangers it’s actually a little farther back so you have to bend the factory hangers to the rear of the car and then the hangers that are welded on the MagnaFlow forward a little bit to get your rubber donuts to match up not a big deal

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wades muffler here in Arizona charge me $175 and that was to go ahead and install the rear muffler’s and cut everything make and bend the tips to fit. Plus I got an $85 credit from Auto Anything because one of the exhaust tips was bent and the mounting flange was bent from shipping so it actually only cost me $90 to have it installed and fitted.

Pulling the stock exhaust off took me maybe 15-20 minutes pretty easy job, install on the mid pipe took 10 minutes the only other thing is where the mid pipe hangs on the factory rubber hangers it’s actually a little farther back so you have to bend the factory hangers to the rear of the car and then the hangers that are welded on the MagnaFlow forward a little bit to get your rubber donuts to match up not a big deal
So you removed the stock exhaust yourself, installed the front section of the new cat-back exhaust, and drove to the muffler shop with the rear section gone?

If so, I've done things like that before! Haha. Only problem with me going to Orchards is that it's so far away, I'm not sure things would be okay driving with the rear section unbolted.... Well....actually, maybe it would be fine. I certainly don't want then to charge me to remove the old system and install the new one - I just want them for their pipe fabbing skills.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums