• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T Magnaflow exhaust for G70

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So you removed the stock exhaust yourself, installed the front section of the new cat-back exhaust, and drove to the muffler shop with the rear section gone?

If so, I've done things like that before! Haha. Only problem with me going to Orchards is that it's so far away, I'm not sure things would be okay driving with the rear section unbolted.... Well....actually, maybe it would be fine. I certainly don't want then to charge me to remove the old system and install the new one - I just want them for their pipe fabbing skills.

Yeah it really wasn’t that bad I’ve heard Honda civics with louder exhaust put it in Echo mode nobody ever really noticed.

The center section from the cats back is bolted in at the front and has two hangers right about at the axle so it doesn’t go anywhere.

I did opt to paint my cross brace black I think I’m going to get a piece of aluminum that I already have that fits almost perfectly and attach it not a big fan of having the MF cut out.

22204359-4C4A-47AE-83CB-A8A5178A14A9.jpeg

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah it really wasn’t that bad I’ve heard Honda civics with louder exhaust put it in Echo mode nobody ever really noticed.

I did opt to paint my cross brace black I think I’m going to get a piece of aluminum that I already have that fits almost perfectly and attach it not a big fan of having the MF cut out.

View attachment 23759
Nice!

Also, I'm thinking the same thing about the MF plate. It looks better black... Perhaps one could also trim away much of the material so it's not so tall and the MF cutout is gone, and it wouldn't act like a big wind blocker. Haha.

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice!

Also, I'm thinking the same thing about the MF plate. It looks better black... Perhaps one could also trim away much of the material so it's not so tall and the MF cutout is gone, and it wouldn't act like a big wind blocker. Haha.
I think I’ll just get an aluminum plate the same size and put a few lightning holes in it.

Last edited:

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ll try and get video tomorrow in the meantime wasn’t quite happy with the exhaust being round and sticking out so far so I went back to see Wade at the muffler shop he brought it back in and completely redid the pipes set them back a little farther and actually ovaled and them flared out some to match the bezels.

Can barely see them sitting back there now unless you got some pretty good light on them.

678C0FF7-E5D6-477B-BB05-09E4B2B20641.jpeg

210C2500-2D66-4E72-AEB5-2BFA040B23F8.jpeg

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ll try and get video tomorrow in the meantime wasn’t quite happy with the exhaust being round and sticking out so far so I went back to see Wade at the muffler shop he brought it back in and completely redid the pipes set them back a little farther and actually ovaled and them flared out some to match the bezels.

Can barely see them sitting back there now unless you got some pretty good light on them.

View attachment 23801

View attachment 23802
Looks much better!

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any update on that video @EdsNotHere ?

Update for everyone else on the G70 specific version: There's no updates. I spoke to Cody yesterday and he said he's just waiting to hear back from the higher up people. Might be worth it for those who are interested to call or email Magnaflow to show how many people are interested.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Update for everyone else on the G70 specific version: There's no updates. I spoke to Cody yesterday and he said he's just waiting to hear back from the higher up people. Might be worth it for those who are interested to call or email Magnaflow to show how many people are interested.
Seems like he's been waiting for a while to hear anything from them. I wonder what's going on... Looking on their website I'm not seeing any way to contact anyone except general contact info. Do you know if there is some separate contact info for corporate/higher ups?

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I contacted Cody over a month ago and never received a response.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Seems like he's been waiting for a while to hear anything from them. I wonder what's going on... Looking on their website I'm not seeing any way to contact anyone except general contact info. Do you know if there is some separate contact info for corporate/higher ups?
No clue. From my experience, Cody isn't the greatest at responding to emails and calling has been the best way to reach him. There's a few options on their automated phone menu to reach different departments, but I've never had anyone answer when I tried to reach the operator. It will just ask me to leave a vm.

He said something about 2020 developments being worked on on so it's been at a standstill on scheduling. Not sure how it all works, but I was in a rush to do other work yesterday and didn't ask.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No clue. From my experience, Cody isn't the greatest at responding to emails and calling has been the best way to reach him. There's a few options on their automated phone menu to reach different departments, but I've never had anyone answer when I tried to reach the operator. It will just ask me to leave a vm.

He said something about 2020 developments being worked on on so it's been at a standstill on scheduling. Not sure how it all works, but I was in a rush to do other work yesterday and didn't ask.

Damnit, Cody!

Haha jk. 😇

I figure I'm good to wait until Mishimoto comes out with their intercooler. Once I've got that installed, and if MagnaFlow still hasn't been able to figure things out, I may go the custom MF route.

Wyo_Cowboy

Registered Member
Clermont, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys,
Appreciate this thread a lot so thank you in advance. If I understand correctly, @EdsNotHere installed the MF Stinger exhaust, and had it fitted by muffler shop? Or was it a custom MF exhaust? Is this setup straight pipes or catback?

I want my exhaust to have more of a rumble than a rasp, so can't wait to hear your recordings @EdsNotHere .

Also, @Toddasaurus, do you have any more info on the Mishimoto intercooler?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums