FOR SALE: Maintec downpipe for G70 2.0T - $275 plus shipping

Greg6M/T

Registered Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm selling my Maintec aftermarket downpipe with high-flow cat. It will fit the G70 2.0T with auto or manual transmission. I loved the extra punch provided by the free-flowing exhaust, but the smell from the tailpipe emissions was starting to bother my wife. I drive her to work in the mornings and she would complain about the smell every time she walked around the back of the car. It never bothered me, but I decided to change the exhaust back to stock for the sake of my marriage. :) If you're used to being around modified cars or live in a state where it's more common, or if you spend time at the racetrack, then you know what smell I'm talking about and you're probably used to it.

Here is a link to the Maintec downpipe that I purchased from Shark Racing: 2018+ G70 2.0 Performance Downpipe

I knew the high-flow cat probably wouldn't do much in the way of cleaning exhaust pollutants, but I had read that a cat-less downpipe would not provide enough back pressure in the system and possibly cause problems with oil leakage through the turbo. I don't know if that's true, but that's the reason I went with the high-flow cat (called a "race cat" on the Shark Racing website) and it worked flawlessly. It felt like the car had 15 more horsepower and the engine was more responsive.

I only used the downpipe for about 2000 miles worth of driving. Everything you need to install the downpipe is included: oxygen sensor spacer (prevents a check engine light), stainless steel hardware, bracket with slotted holes, and a bolt for the bracket that I had to cut shorter.

See this link for detailed instructions and a description of my downpipe install: 2.0T - G70 2.0T primary downpipe installation

As you can see from my post about the install, I had problems with the downpipe fitting and had to do some custom grinding. But all that work is done now and the downpipe will fit without any problems.

I paid $600 to get the downpipe from Shark Racing, not including the added expense of the O2 sensor spacer and other hardware. I'm asking $275 plus shipping for everything.
The downpipe is packaged in a box that is 16 x 16 x 11 inches and weighs 12.1 pounds. It will ship from zip code 94507. The easiest way to handle shipping would be for you to email me a prepaid label, for example from UPS, that I can print out and put on the box. But I am open to all shipping options.

Attachments

• 20210303_074146.jpg
    20210303_074146.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210303_074222.jpg
    20210303_074222.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210303_074240.jpg
    20210303_074240.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210303_074307.jpg
    20210303_074307.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210303_074443.jpg
    20210303_074443.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210303_074501.jpg
    20210303_074501.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210303_074615.jpg
    20210303_074615.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 16

Nickk_G70

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm selling my Maintec aftermarket downpipe with high-flow cat. It will fit the G70 2.0T with auto or manual transmission. I loved the extra punch provided by the free-flowing exhaust, but the smell from the tailpipe emissions was starting to bother my wife. I drive her to work in the mornings and she would complain about the smell every time she walked around the back of the car. It never bothered me, but I decided to change the exhaust back to stock for the sake of my marriage. :) If you're used to being around modified cars or live in a state where it's more common, or if you spend time at the racetrack, then you know what smell I'm talking about and you're probably used to it.

Here is a link to the Maintec downpipe that I purchased from Shark Racing: 2018+ G70 2.0 Performance Downpipe

I knew the high-flow cat probably wouldn't do much in the way of cleaning exhaust pollutants, but I had read that a cat-less downpipe would not provide enough back pressure in the system and possibly cause problems with oil leakage through the turbo. I don't know if that's true, but that's the reason I went with the high-flow cat (called a "race cat" on the Shark Racing website) and it worked flawlessly. It felt like the car had 15 more horsepower and the engine was more responsive.

I only used the downpipe for about 2000 miles worth of driving. Everything you need to install the downpipe is included: oxygen sensor spacer (prevents a check engine light), stainless steel hardware, bracket with slotted holes, and a bolt for the bracket that I had to cut shorter.

See this link for detailed instructions and a description of my downpipe install: 2.0T - G70 2.0T primary downpipe installation

As you can see from my post about the install, I had problems with the downpipe fitting and had to do some custom grinding. But all that work is done now and the downpipe will fit without any problems.

I paid $600 to get the downpipe from Shark Racing, not including the added expense of the O2 sensor spacer and other hardware. I'm asking $275 plus shipping for everything.
The downpipe is packaged in a box that is 16 x 16 x 11 inches and weighs 12.1 pounds. It will ship from zip code 94507. The easiest way to handle shipping would be for you to email me a prepaid label, for example from UPS, that I can print out and put on the box. But I am open to all shipping options.
I’d be interested in purchasing this downpipe - I’ll try to reach out to you directly.

Deviate

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Greg6M/T

Registered Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you know if this will fit the 2.0 Stinger?
I'm 99% sure that it will fit the Stinger 2.0 but can't guarantee it. When I re-installed my stock downpipe, I bought a new gasket and mounting bracket from a Kia parts website for the Stinger and the parts were identical to the G70.

Deviate

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm 99% sure that it will fit the Stinger 2.0 but can't guarantee it. When I re-installed my stock downpipe, I bought a new gasket and mounting bracket from a Kia parts website for the Stinger and the parts were identical to the G70.
It is the same downpipe, i did some digging. Let me see what i can do, i checked shipping costs already. I will be in touch either way.

Deviate

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey im going to have to pass right now. Sorry bud.... however I am going to keep an eye on your post. Maybe in a month or so ill be better situated.

Deviate

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Nice!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners