Mandetory outstanding TSB's no longer listed on www.hmaservice.com for specific VIN's

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I just checked the www.hmaservice.com website, and they no longer list outstanding mandatory TSB's for my car (or at least I cannot find them anymore). When I called my dealer, they immediately could see that I needed the TSB for DOT 4 brake fluid upgrade, and also a TSB for SRS airbag service, but I can no longer see those items myself on hmaservice.com (a few months ago I could see the TSB's specifically outstanding for my VIN on that site). I am suspecting that they removed access to those items based on people posting about the brake pedal issue on this forum and the associated TSB to replace brake fluid with DOT-4.

Gunkk

Registered Member
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Well (looking at the bright side) if that's the case, then they're paying attention. Hopefully then they'll be taking action soon to recall/inspect/replace the questionable brake components.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Well (looking at the bright side) if that's the case, then they're paying attention. Hopefully then they'll be taking action soon to recall/inspect/replace the questionable brake components.
So far, HMA has only issued a TSB to replace factory DOT-3 brake fluid with DOT-4, to be performed only when Genesis sedan owners bring their cars into the dealer (customers are not notified of the TSB by HMA--except for some non-selling dealers trying to drum up service business).

Members who have experienced the brake failure problem and got Hyundai to do something about it have had their ABS system replaced. There is no sign that Hyundai is going to replace ABS systems unless dealers can reproduce the problem, but that will likely be too late for some who get into an accident when their brakes fail. HMA is rolling the dice on this one with a potentially huge scandal that could wreck their reputable in North America, but I guess that they think replacing the ABS systems on all cars is too expensive/embarrassing also.

To say that Hyundai is paying attention, and hiding embarrassing information on www.hmaservice.com that was previously available to owners, is not what I would call the "bright side."

radicaltimes

Been here awhile...
Or they do not want you to know there may be an issue

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
I just checked the www.hmaservice.com website, and they no longer list outstanding mandatory TSB's for my car (or at least I cannot find them anymore). When I called my dealer, they immediately could see that I needed the TSB for DOT 4 brake fluid upgrade, and also a TSB for SRS airbag service, but I can no longer see those items myself on hmaservice.com (a few months ago I could see the TSB's specifically outstanding for my VIN on that site). I am suspecting that they removed access to those items based on people posting about the brake pedal issue on this forum and the associated TSB to replace brake fluid with DOT-4.
I just registered on that site, and when I put in my VIN it just seems to bring up a general list for a 2012 Genesis. Under braking, I don't see anything about swapping out DOT 3 for DOT4 brake fluid upgrade.

Gunkk

Registered Member
Florida
Genesis Model Type
I just checked the www.hmaservice.com website, and they no longer list outstanding mandatory TSB's for my car (or at least I cannot find them anymore).
They are still there, but moved to the TELEMATICS section of the site:
1) Navigate to the HOME screen,
2) click the TELEMATICS button on the left
3) enter VIN.
4) get info

Attachments

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
They are still there, but moved to the TELEMATICS section of the site:
1) Navigate to the HOME screen,
2) click the TELEMATICS button on the left
3) enter VIN.
4) get info
Hey, thanks for that tip! This allowed me to see my:

Recall Campaign History
Campaign Code Campaign Description Campaign Completed Create Date Update Date Bulletin
TL6 20C022R0-2011-12 VI/BH BRK FLUID REPL.(1 Y 20130305 20130429
P15 P15PROG1-UPON CUST. REQUEST - MPG SELECT 20121102 20130315
TH3 10C145R1-BH 4.6L TCM SOFTWARE UPDATE (11 Y 20111114 20130429
TH0 10C063R0-VI & BH ECU UPDATE P0139 (11-01 Y 20111017 20130429

And my:

Warranty History
No. Repair Date Mileage OP Code Description Causal Part N Code N Code Description C Code C Code Description
1 4/11/2013 0003501 2011-12 VI BRAKE FLUID REPLACE CYLINDER ASSY-BRAKE MASTER N32 SPONGE PEDAL C61 INCORRECT PART
2 4/11/2013 0003501 BH 4.6L TCM SOFTWARE UPDATE CASE ASSY-ATA N42 SHOCK AT KICK-DOWN C40 IMPROPER ADJUSTMENT
3 4/11/2013 0003501 VI & BH ECU UPDATE P0139 ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT N69 WARNING LIGHT ON C40 IMPROPER ADJUSTMENT
4 11/26/2012 0002443 UPON CUST. REQUEST - MPG SELECT CAR CARE MONRONEY LABEL (2013+) N63 INACCURATE(METER) C61 INCORRECT PART

This seems to show that the brake fluid replacement was indeed performed in April 2013. But what caught my eye was this entry:

4/11/2013 0003501 BH 4.6L TCM SOFTWARE UPDATE CASE ASSY-ATA N42 SHOCK AT KICK-DOWN C40 IMPROPER ADJUSTMENT

Does anybody know the origin or nature of this issue? There are one or two threads here about how lazy the 8-speed transmission is at downshifting when you need to pass somebody or accelerate hard. I wonder if whatever this adjustment is may have adversely affected my car's performance, because it is loathe to downshift.

Gunkk

Registered Member
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Does anybody know the origin or nature of this issue?
Here's the TSB on campaign TH3:

http://www.hyundaikiaforums.com/11-01-054f.pdf

EDIT:
Clicking the link above throws 404 errors as the original link is to my-hyundai-forums-dot-com, but it works fine when pasted into an address bar of chrome. WTF?! :confused:

edit2:

Try this:
Code:
my hyundai forums dot com/11-01-054f.pdf   all one word

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
Here's the TSB on campaign TH3:

http://www.hyundaikiaforums.com/11-01-054f.pdf

EDIT:
Clicking the link above throws 404 errors as the original link is to my-hyundai-forums-dot-com, but it works fine when pasted into an address bar of chrome. WTF?! :confused:

edit2:

Try this:
Code:
my hyundai forums dot com/11-01-054f.pdf   all one word
Thanks, after several tries, I was able to pull that up in chrome. That looks to be the TSB, but it doesn't really talk much about the "harsh kickdown" phenomenon.

BTW, after my last post I did experience this harsh kickdown, so whatever update they did as shown in the history on my car, did not fully work. I had been on a fairly long drive, and was driving about 50mph and giving it partial throttle to try to achieve moderate acceleration when there was this sudden bang, as it finally down shifted for the acceleration. I don't know why it is so reticent to downshift. It seems like it is very difficult to achieve say, around 50% acceleration power. Sort of like it's all or nothing acceleration. I wish it was easier to modulate the power.

shagnat

Registered Member
Thanks, after several tries, I was able to pull that up in chrome. That looks to be the TSB, but it doesn't really talk much about the "harsh kickdown" phenomenon.

BTW, after my last post I did experience this harsh kickdown, so whatever update they did as shown in the history on my car, did not fully work. I had been on a fairly long drive, and was driving about 50mph and giving it partial throttle to try to achieve moderate acceleration when there was this sudden bang, as it finally down shifted for the acceleration. I don't know why it is so reticent to downshift. It seems like it is very difficult to achieve say, around 50% acceleration power. Sort of like it's all or nothing acceleration. I wish it was easier to modulate the power.
What is the "harsh kickdown"? Sorry, I'm new here as I just purchased my 2010 Genesis 4.6 w/Nav package.

2012Rspec

Getting familiar with the group...
I have a related problem/question.

I can't find TSBs like 11-01-036 and 11-01-054 at hmaservice.com at all. They don't show up for my car (2012 Rspec), although they do apply (or at least they did when they existed). They used to be posted at hmaservice.com, but now I can't even find them in the main list of TSBs.

Moreover, I can't find a single TSB at hmaservice.com that has digits in the second group of characters. The only TSBs I can now find at hmaservice.com have letters in the second group of characters, such as 12-AT-011.

Any thoughts??

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I have a related problem/question.

I can't find TSBs like 11-01-036 and 11-01-054 at hmaservice.com at all. They don't show up for my car (2012 Rspec), although they do apply (or at least they did when they existed). They used to be posted at hmaservice.com, but now I can't even find them in the main list of TSBs.

Moreover, I can't find a single TSB at hmaservice.com that has digits in the second group of characters. The only TSBs I can now find at hmaservice.com have letters in the second group of characters, such as 12-AT-011.

Any thoughts??
Take a look at Gunkk's post above and see if that helps.

2012Rspec

Getting familiar with the group...
Take a look at Gunkk's post above and see if that helps.
Hello. My real concern is that the HMA site seems to be missing information that is relevant to me and to others (information that used to be there).

For example, and as far as I know, if I had just purchased my car and wanted to identify TSBs that might be helpful, the only way I would know that TSB 11-01-036 and 054 existed and were relevant to me would be to look elsewhere on the internet.

So, my question is whether the HMA site has become less relevant or. instead, am I just failing to find TSBs that have digits as the second set of characters?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Guess there's nothing so dangerous as an informed customer.....
Or probably they just want money from owners to pay for the website, and also dealers don't want owners to be able to fix stuff themselves (part of the website is a service manual).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.