Manufacturer reacquired vehicle

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
At home, trying to stay sane. I looked at Auto Trader and Cars.com for G70's for sale. Auto Trader had one Just like mine with "Great Price" banner and it was at a dealer I investigated buying from last July, without success. Photos include windshield placard in bold yellow Manufacturer Reacquired Vehicle. Great Price, indeed.*
Listing clearly states:

2019, 8754 miles
***VEHICLE IS A BUYBACK THAT WAS REPAIRED BY MANUFACTURER & UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY**.

It is at a dealer south of Atlanta. No one from this site, I presume.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis G90
At home, trying to stay sane. I looked at Auto Trader and Cars.com for G70's for sale. Auto Trader had one Just like mine with "Great Price" banner and it was at a dealer I investigated buying from last July, without success. Photos include windshield placard in bold yellow Manufacturer Reacquired Vehicle. Great Price, indeed.*
Listing clearly states:

2019, 8754 miles
***VEHICLE IS A BUYBACK THAT WAS REPAIRED BY MANUFACTURER & UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY**.

It is at a dealer south of Atlanta. No one from this site, I presume.
Send me the VIN and I can check the history on it and what issues it was having.
I wonder if it's a salvage title - "factory warranty" or not
Manufacturer buybacks are not salvage titles.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport

skroonigan

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Is it red? I heard there was a batch of red cars that had to be repainted and are being re-sold this way.

EDIT: haha duh, there's another thread on this issue.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
Board member responded to me privately and said I could post this for what it is worth:

Only 2 warranty claims. Back in Sept of 2019 at 5,726 miles, a dealer in CA did an outside mirror and a front harness, which goes to just about everything in the engine bay, except the engine. Engine harness is separate. Hasn't been flagged on Genesis as being a buyback though. Hyundai always flags them when that happens, but Genesis could be different. Originally sold 6/10/19 in CA. Built 10/8/18.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums