Map lights and Cabin lights

Thread starter #1

SoleOfJohn

Registered Member
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
My interior Map & Cabin lights are VERY dim. One side of my Map light is bright but the other and the 2 Cabin lights in the back are so dim they're almost off. I've yet to take it apart but I've heard that it's just bulbs to replace and I've heard that it's LED's wired to a circuit board. Can anyone clear this up?

Kgyudaman

Genesis Model Type
I have the same issue, Is this a dealer only part? What part should I be looking to replace?

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
I am having the same issue and I have noticed, if I open the glove box the interior lights and door sill lights go off. Every time this happens
I wasnt really worried about it during the summer as well Mother Nature provided plenty of light but now it gets dark at damn 6PM! Initially I thought maybe it was due to battery voltage, but not the case. As much as I love my car, I am starting to become annoyed with the 100k mile "bug"

Genesis Model Type
I am having the same issue and I have noticed, if I open the glove box the interior lights and door sill lights go off. Every time this happens
I wasnt really worried about it during the summer as well Mother Nature provided plenty of light but now it gets dark at damn 6PM! Initially I thought maybe it was due to battery voltage, but not the case. As much as I love my car, I am starting to become annoyed with the 100k mile "bug"
I bet they run off the same line of power. So maybe replace the switch for the glove box and see if it will fix it?

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
I bet they run off the same line of power. So maybe replace the switch for the glove box and see if it will fix it?
yes I am going to order a new switch/part that turns on the light when the glove box is opened. this is the only electrical gremlin I have at the moment. The vehicle is spectacular other than this

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.