• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Map Update 13.5 Delayed

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

jda8

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Here is a pleasant surprise. I went to the mapnsoft site to check on updates. My 3 year free updates should have expired 1/2020 (this month) and here is what it said:

EXPIRATION DATE1/13/2022 (Complimentary Extension by GMA)

that’s two extra years.
So, I’m confused. Is there any official answer as to when version 13.5 will be available for the G90?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
EDIT: They replied back. Map updates for the G90 are made by Harman. Their words "
At the moment, it seems that they have not made a new software update release available yet and unfortunately we do not have any knowledge on future release dates. As such, V12.5 is the latest map update available for this vehicle at the moment."

Yeah, I have no idea. I just tried emailing them through their website, and got an error. So I don't know if it went through or not.

Last edited:

vasy

Getting familiar with the group...
VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I logged on to my Mapnsoft account today and saw this message on the top of the screen:

Notice to customer: Version 14 will be released late March

However, my expiration date remains the same (3 years from purchase date).

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

calmone

Registered Member
i have a used 2017 g90, i go to the mapnsoft site and see "all genesis" get 3 years of updates. perhaps this is incorrect, meaning all first original owners, humm. anyway i try to enter my vin as a "new vehicle" and it tells me "no such vehicle registered". i try to send a message under the "contact us" section and it says the site is not available. what exactly gives in regards updates availability and cost?

i am a bit upset at this treatment of owners. in 2006 i purchased a used 04 vw phaeton and even though the second owner vw gave me all the free 50,000 mile service for the car no questions asked.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

calmone

Registered Member
No. The 3 years of updates are only for the first owner. You could try asking dealer if they can cut you a break but that is something you should have done before you bought. but it’s not like you paid as much as a first owner.
You are right, sending a message is likely broken. You could try g_info@mapnsoft.com
If I had a dime for every post I’ve read that said my 10 old model T car did this, so why not Genesis, then I’d be rich. Different times, different circumstances, different companies, different rules.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but that is the reality.

i generally agree about my vw service, probably an exception even at the time, but thy were launching a premium model and it was a good add on to boost the roll out. however, i am critical of hyundai's limit of the warranty on engine, etc. to only first time owners. it should go with the car along with the 60k one. that seems to be the industry standard.

if and when (i assume when) the new maps are out they are installed via a thumb drive purchased from the dealer and specific to a particular vin numbered car.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Last edited:

calmone

Registered Member
The basic 5 year - 60K mile warranty is fully transferable, but the 10 year -100K mile powertrain warranty is for original owner only. I think that is correct but I’ll let others verify.

i am pretty certain only the 60k transfers, see i am a bit familiar with cars very similar to the g90, being probably the only person around who has had the misfortune to have been the owner of two (2) totaled 2015 equus.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

calmone

Registered Member
i am a bit at sea. i have a 2017. the mapnsoft advised me that they do the map updates for 2018 onward g90s'. is there any indication as to whether genesis will continue support in map update for 2017 vehicles, are the updates and process of installation different for 2017 vehicles/

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Don88

♪I'll Take You There♫ Staple Singers My G80 Tune
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Don88

♪I'll Take You There♫ Staple Singers My G80 Tune
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Thanks for that reminder of a puzzlement I ran into some time ago. We wanted to go to a new restaurant, tapped the button, input Wildfin, spin, plot, there was the path, the blue line until the street ran out. Across the screen was Wildfin but no road ???
The next map issue had the path.
The visor button is a great aid, especially while driving down the road.
Your experience points out an advantage of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Periodic nav updates will never keep pace with data from smartphone-based mapping apps. That applies to traffic info too, but even more so. At least around here, SiriusXM traffic displays are often incorrect and don't cover smaller highways and surface streets, which apps do.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums