• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Map update - Canada anyway

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure if it is the same North America map for Canada and US customers, but when I had my car in for service last month I asked them to check for an updated map and they said there was one and ordered it for me.

So for all the Canada guys that have had their vehicles for a while now, definitely talk to the dealer about the updated SD card. (y)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure if it is the same North America map for Canada and US customers, but when I had my car in for service last month I asked them to check for an updated map and they said there was one and ordered it for me.

So for all the Canada guys that have had their vehicles for a while now, definitely talk to the dealer about the updated SD card. (y)
What version is the update?
When compared to my wife's vehicle, I think she has v12.5 on the Sorento and mine is older.
Her car was manufactured in July and mine was in June!

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The new map is at the dealership I just haven't had a chance to pick it up but I will try before the weekend.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good for you Canadians but here in USA is not well established if we can do more than one free update yearly.
In the USA it’s free for 3 years...no limit. You can download online every time there’s an update.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Put in the new SD card today. It was v12.5 and so far I haven't noticed any difference. Still has all the roads around my work labeled incorrectly. They were all renamed Aug 2017. It amazes me that google can update their maps so fast, and yet over a year later manufacturers can't be up to date. Oh well, at least it didn't cost me anything. :)

Here is what you get (once again they don't try too hard to distance themselves from Hyundai lol):

And here is the system after the update:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Put in the new SD card today. It was v12.5 and so far I haven't noticed any difference. Still has all the roads around my work labeled incorrectly. They were all renamed Aug 2017. It amazes me that google can update their maps so fast, and yet over a year later manufacturers can't be up to date. Oh well, at least it didn't cost me anything. :)

Here is what you get (once again they don't try too hard to distance themselves from Hyundai lol):
View attachment 18174

And here is the system after the update:
View attachment 18175
Did you request from dealer or is there an online ordering portal now?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It amazes me that google can update their maps so fast, and yet over a year later manufacturers can't be up to date.
/QUOTE]

How fast is fast with Google maps? My street has existed over a year but does not show up on Google or any other navigation. At least the Post Office knows where we are.