• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Map Update: Covered or Not...Genesis flip-flops

onailrof

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There was a map update out this summer. My dealer ordered it for me a few months ago and I just made an appointment to get it installed while my car was going in for scheduled maintenance. My dealer called Genesis Warranty department and was told the map update is only free for 3 years or 36,000 miles, so not covered on my vehicle (which has over 36,000 miles). That didn't sound right to me, so I called Genesis Customer Service and confirmed that there is no mileage limit. In the end, Genesis will mail me the update and I will do it myself.

It's very disheartening that Genesis doesn't seem to know what's covered and what's not and is giving dealers bad information.

Just something for people to watch out for - make sure you know what's covered and what's not.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

onailrof

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
As I recall and I will need to get my books and double check when I get my car back, the small print does state that the ‘free’ update is only via the online portal and self installed. I remember reading or hearing that somewhere and having it verified.
Interesting...I'll have to check too. My dealer did the first one, no question or issues.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

onailrof

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So I’m confused. You have over 36,000, what did you think the coverage was?
The map update is supposed to be for good for 3 years, regardless of mileage. I confirmed this with Genesis Customer Service today that the mileage doesn't matter.

cappuccinoman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
just go online and get the map update yourself. By doing so will lower your blood pressure and reduce the unnecessary stress

onailrof

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
just go online and get the map update yourself. By doing so will lower your blood pressure and reduce the unnecessary stress
That's what I'm going to do - the issue was the misinformation on whether it was still free or not. :)

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

rbwillnj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
If you have it, check your window sticker. On mine, under "The Genesis Experience" Complimentary Maintenance and Complimentary Service Valet have a 3 Year 36K limit, but Map Care is just 3 years with no mileage limit.

So I think the map update is covered, but since you are having the dealer install it, the installation is not. Of course you could easily do it yourself.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums