Mapnsoft has updated site for 2017-2018 Genesis Map Updates

Rlink

Hasn't posted much yet...
Oklahoma
When you select a 2017 or 2018 G80 on the Mapnsoft site for map updates it directs you to a new site where you can set up your car for the "free" map updates. At this point the map update is free however it looks like you have to pay $25 for a new SD card. So far I have not been able to get it to work totally so there must be new site hiccups.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I had the same thing at first. The web page would not accept my VIN at first for some reason. A few days later it did.
You have to go to http://www.mapnsoft.com/genesis and set up an account. Once you do, it will tell you if an update is available. In my case, it shows I have part no. G115P2 and no update is available. Bought the car in late October so it may be the latest. I know it is different than my 2015 I traded.

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm on Hold with Mapnsoft as I write this because of "invalid VIN"

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The site accepted my 2017 G80 this evening. It lists the available update by Part # and not the Map Version you would get by going to Setup>System Info as shown on the new website (how to check you map version). I don't know how to find your current map part # if you don't somehow already know it. In my case, I updated to what is shown as my available update part # on Jan. 2, 2018 at my dealership. This did not get to mapnsoft, because it shows this part # as the available update. It also showed my activation date as Dec. 17, 2016...the car's purchase date. So, it's not current. I'm thinking this info is only updated if you update thru mapnsoft yourself and not thru the dealer. If you go to http://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/map-updates.html?model_year=135 you can see the version # that goes with the map update part# shown on the new Genesis map site.

ReneL

Nor Cal
What I’m confused about is why some cars can only be updated by the dealer and some by the owner. I was never able to register on the previous mapnsoft website. It kept indicating the VIN was incorrect. Then I took it to the dealer. They ordered the SD card and it was the wrong one requiring another wait and back to the dealer.

ReneL

Nor Cal
It is included with the concierge service so I guess they don't want you screwing with it.
All of the new cars include concierge service so my original confusion stands. Some can be done by owners and some only by the dealer. Not sure how your response makes sense.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
All of the new cars include concierge service so my original confusion stands. Some can be done by owners and some only by the dealer. Not sure how your response makes sense.
It's not that some can be done by the dealer and some by the owner. I was due a concierge oil change and knew there was a map update available. I asked the dealer to order the map update part (SD card) so they'd have it and could install it when the car was in. I probably could have done it, but if there was a problem I wanted them to do it and fix it. It's a free service why not. What I pointed out in my earlier post, it appears as if when the dealer does it, the update doesn't get reported and posted to your map account in the new Genesis Map Update website.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
What if you want to update your 2015? It is not subject to concierge service. Of course you can pay the dealer if you want. Think beyond your own car and it makes sense.

Rlink

Oklahoma
Well I called the number they give you for an invalid VIN and they checked my 2018 G80 and it was one version behind so they are sending me a SD card update by second-day air. Still cannot register my VIN as of today though. CRAZY!

mrich1353

York, PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My dealer automatically updated on last service visit.

mcginnpm

Registered Member
I signed up for my update on the MapnSoft website on the 17th (provided my VIN to get a free update). I received an order confirmation e-mail from MapnSoft that same day...a shipping notification with tracking number on the 19th...and the new SD card arrived today via FedEx. I just finished installing it. I simply inserted the new SD card and started the motor. The install started automatically and was done in the advertised 35 minutes. No actions were required from me other than inserting the new SD card. My address book was not affected and all of my previous destinations were still there when I finished.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I signed up for my update on the MapnSoft website on the 17th (provided my VIN to get a free update). I received an order confirmation e-mail from MapnSoft that same day...a shipping notification with tracking number on the 19th...and the new SD card arrived today via FedEx. I just finished installing it. I simply inserted the new SD card and started the motor. The install started automatically and was done in the advertised 35 minutes. No actions were required from me other than inserting the new SD card. My address book was not affected and all of my previous destinations were still there when I finished.
mcginnpum...I didn't have the update instructions b4 I asked my dealer to order the update SD card and install it when I was in for an oil change last month. After the install, they gave me the Map Update Manual that comes with the SD. I agree, there's not much to it. One question...you said you inserted the SD card and started to motor. The manual says in Step 2 to "start the vehicle engine" and Step 3 says "insert the new SD Card". Is this what you really did? From then it's pretty much just watching the screen for update messages. Correct?

ReneL

Nor Cal
If you read your own post you might see how this response makes even less sense. Lets see if you can figure that out or if, as it seems, your objective is just to be argumentative.

- - - Updated - - -

This was intended to be a response to @EdP

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
If you read your own post you might see how this response makes even less sense. Lets see if you can figure that out or if, as it seems, your objective is just to be argumentative.

- - - Updated - - -

This was intended to be a response to @EdP
Let's start over. It is offered as an SD car and a dealer installed. If you have a 2017 or newer, the dealer is obligated to install the update and Mapnsoft does not want you screwing around and maybe needed hand holding, etc.

If you have a 2016 or older, you can have the dealer do it and you pay for the service, or they will send you the SD card so you can DIY.

If you feel that is argumentative, fine, I don't really care what you think as it does not change my life. I'm still having home made ravioli for dinner tonight.

Florida Alan

Registered Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Tried signing up for update but as most of you, says my vin is invalid and to call customer care, which I did.
I had to answer security question on where I went to high school, and she said my answer was wrong.
Also, didn't give right answer to 4 digit pin, and I tried with 2 different numbers. She suggested I call
my dealer, as she couldn't help me.
I don't feel like speaking with 10 different people at the dealer until (if I get lucky) I find one that can help me.
I'll ask about the update on my next oil change. The frustration is not worth it to me.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tried signing up for update but as most of you, says my vin is invalid
I'll ask about the update on my next oil change. The frustration is not worth it to me.
It seems like in this day of instant technology it takes a long time for the VIN to be accepted once the new car is purchased. It took quite a while for mine, you may want to try again in a couple of weeks if you won't be heading to the dealer. I bought my car in October and it has the latest update according to Mapnsoft. .