Mapnsoft has updated site for 2017-2018 Genesis Map Updates

Florida Alan

Registered Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I understand the 2018 G80 VINs were added to the mnsoft-Genesis site today.
Looks like you are correct. I entered my vin today and it was recognized.
I got this message: "THIS VEHICLE IS CURRENTLY UP-TO-DATE OR NO UPDATE IS AVAILABLE."
I bought mine May 16, 2017 and thought I would need the update, but apparently not.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Looks like you are correct. I entered my vin today and it was recognized.
I got this message: "THIS VEHICLE IS CURRENTLY UP-TO-DATE OR NO UPDATE IS AVAILABLE."
I bought mine May 16, 2017 and thought I would need the update, but apparently not.
Florida Alan.....Alan, go to the mapnsoft Genesis site, log in, and click on "How to check your map version". The current version will be shown on the Setup>System Info Screen instruction. You can then check this in your car to see if the Map Version is what is shown in this how to screen. Perhaps there is not a new version for the 2018s yet, but you an check and see what you have compared to the website. I talked to someone at mapnsoft yesterday and this website is a little tricky to follow...at least it was for me. I was told the best way to check to see if there is an available update is to do what I described above. Also, they told me they think Genesis is only paying for one update a year ,ie, three over the three years comp period. If this is true, no need to keep checking. Wait till we're coming up to one year. That's what I did. Bought my 2017 in 12/2016 and had my first update Jan. 2, 2018 when I had it in for an oil change. But after reading the Installation Manual (that will also show the most current version on p. 2) I could have done it by ordering the SD card. I just didn't know what was involved. Good luck.

Rlink

Hasn't posted much yet...
Oklahoma
I have a 2018 that I purchased in October. It's current map version started with 10.41 and the map update I received today will bring it up to 10.47...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Bought mine Oct. 20 and got the latest with it. The Mapnsoft web page does not give the version, but gives the part number. Says mine is up to date part no G115P2 The version in the car is the same as yours 10.47.43.713.203.2
If you go to the mapnsoft/Genesis site and click on "How to Check Your Map Version", step 3 does give you the current map version for your vehicle. This is updated with each new mapnsoft version. You can then check this in your car to see if you are current. The current version is also shown in the Vehicle Installation Manual tab. So, you can get the version in addition to the part number.

Kurmudjon

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just installed map update to my 2017 G 80. Everything went as advertised except I lost my address book. Does still show previous destinations so maybe that's good enough. All radio stations remained intact.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Kurmudjon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Apparently did not lose address book as I have found it in a new location. Unfortunately default is still "date" and not "name" although you can change to "name" but need to do every time you use. Think I will just use "past destinations" which are also by date.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Kurmudjon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yours must work differently than mine. When it sorts by date it lists the most recent entries first not the initial entries. So that would not work for me.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just checked with Genesis Customer Care to find out if complementary map updates on 2017 G80s and later are once a year or every time Mapnsoft comes out with an update (which I understand should be twice a year). The answer is annually. So, three complementary updates during the three year period.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Don88

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The website now accepts my VIN and the Update will be here tomorrow! Then comes the scare! There is a statement in the Update Install directions.

"Warning: Preset radio stations and saved addresses may be deleted after update."

Sometime tomorrow it will be courage time.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The website now accepts my VIN and the Update will be here tomorrow! Then comes the scare! There is a statement in the Update Install directions.

"Warning: Preset radio stations and saved addresses may be deleted after update."

Sometime tomorrow it will be courage time.
Don88....how did it go?

Don88

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Don88....how did it go?
Just completed the Map update. All went smooth; just followed the easy directions and no problems. Just to be on the safe side, left the radio off and sat through the install. It takes about 15 minutes.

The update is a 32 GB SD that comes in a nice card booklet with installation instructions.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just completed the Map update. All went smooth; just followed the easy directions and no problems. Just to be on the safe side, left the radio off and sat through the install. It takes about 15 minutes.

The update is a 32 GB SD that comes in a nice card booklet with installation instructions.
Don88...Thanks for the feedback I took mine to the dealer last month for the update. At the time, I didn't know about ordering the SD card from Mapnsoft and I hadn't seen the instructions. I thought there was more to it than that. For the next update, I'll order from Mapnsoft and do it myself. That seems to be what most people are doing.

Gold

Hasn't posted much yet...
Nanuet
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My car was supposedly updated by the dealer. MapnSoft still from what I can see has the wrong information. My brother has lived in a new development for almost four years and it still has the streets wrong. On Route 202 in Pa the speed limits are wrong. Free yearly updates are supposed to be available on the 2017 G80 so why are they charging some people. None of this makes sense.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.