Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
To clarify, it is free if the dealer does the update? They don't charge you for the SD Card they ordered to install it? Thank you.
This is correct. At least it was in my case. They ordered the SD card and called me to say it was in. I made an appt to then have it installed. The dealer has a mechanism to charge Genesis for the update. It may be charged as warranty work, I'm not sure.

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi All,
Earlier I wrote, "Warning: Preset radio stations and saved addresses may be deleted after update."

Last eve, I did an "Export Address Book" to a 256 mb memory stick. Easy and went well. It saved my 85 contacts and provided insurance for the next map update.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Import/Export Address Book.

I have a 2018 G80 Ultimate with a 9.2 Display.

To do a backup of the Address Book to a USB memory stick:

Accessory On - no need to start the engine - your choice.
This is built into the system; not a necessary part of upgrading the GPS

Menu (Console Button)
Settings (Dial using knob)
Other Settings (Dial using knob)
Import/Export

Plug in memory stick and make your choice.

The answer to your third question, Names and locations starting with "A", no more than once. Names and places starting with "Z"... LOTS!

Take care,
Don

PS Corrected: Changed Home to Menu

Last edited:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

G-932363

I had the same thing at first. The web page would not accept my VIN at first for some reason. A few days later it did.
You have to go to Genesis Mapcare | Customer Login and set up an account. Once you do, it will tell you if an update is available. In my case, it shows I have part no. G115P2 and no update is available. Bought the car in late October so it may be the latest. I know it is different than my 2015 I traded.
I was having difficulty getting info on map updates. After some research, the dealership finally ordered an update for me. Knowing I can go online and do it myself is a huge plus. This link is exactly what I needed. Thanks!!

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Classic map update latency. I'm doing the 13.0 update primarily to get the current firmware to our vintage 2015 version. So the maps are a bonus.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Installed mine today. My street is a year old but still not on it. I can't find my way home yet.
I've not checked out any other features yet.
How long did the update take to finish?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
How long did the update take to finish?
Roughly a half hour. I took it out to run to a couple of stores. You have no radio or backup camera during the upgrade but you can drive as normal. I left my wife in the car while I ran into the stores. Came out of the second store and the radio was back on, nothing lost.

In addition, I gained a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread so it is not a total loss of time.

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks to all who have contributed to this post it has been very informational. I went on this site today for the first time. Put in my vin and my car and everything came right up. It says there is an update to my map. (I just bought the car in Feb 19. But it was an executive driven car and says the activation date was 10-24-18 expiration 10-24-21. So I guess I will try and get my third update a month or 2 before that end date. NEW MAP UPDATE IS AVAILABLE - NA.12.41.51.592 (v13.0) (Version 13) I'm going to check what version is on my car today. If there are 2 a year, I think I might skip this one and get every other one.

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
OK I went to the site to order my first map update and the only option for payment was"Bill To GMA" what does Bill to GMA stand for?

mgg