Mapnsoft has updated site for 2017-2018 Genesis Map Updates

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
OK I went to the site to order my first map update and the only option for payment was"Bill To GMA" what does Bill to GMA stand for?

mgg
Genesis Motors America. They pay it for you. Well, sort of. You paid for it in the price of the car when new. Close as you will get to the free lunch.

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I ordered the update for my 2018 G80 Ultimate the other day and it had "Bill GMA". I selected it, update came, I installed, no bill or a request to pay anything to anyone. New maps looking good!. I'm anxious to hear if Miss Genny will refer to "NE Highway 99" as "Nebraska Highway 99" as previously announced. Nebraska Highway 99 kinda gave us being in an exclusive neighborhood. <G>

P.S. I just updated a few weeks ago and still no charges.... yet.

Kurmudjon

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2017 G 80 ultimate installed v13 today with no issues.

mdavid727

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2018 G80 installed v.13 today with no issues.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I've got my v.13 SD card update and plan to install it this weekend. I was waiting for a 45 minute drive to do the install. This is the 2nd update I'll have done. First update went smoothly with no issue and no information lost (i.e. radio presets). Vehicle is 2018 G80 Sport (9.2" touch screen). I plan to document the update this time (pictures!) and post here. If there is any specific information people are interested in let me know.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've got my v.13 SD card update and plan to install it this weekend. I was waiting for a 45 minute drive to do the install. This is the 2nd update I'll have done. First update went smoothly with no issue and no information lost (i.e. radio presets). Vehicle is 2018 G80 Sport (9.2" touch screen). I plan to document the update this time (pictures!) and post here. If there is any specific information people are interested in let me know.
Bubba, I've done one update, v12.5, and after inserting the card, it was all automatic...no, as I recall, pressing Setup, System Info, Update, and OK as the printed instructions say. Put the card in with the engine running and it took over thru completion. Was this your experience? I also lost no information. Your pictures will be great. Thanks!!!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Hawaii 5ooohhhh

Registered Member
Hawaii
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Of course you can always ask regardless but does Ed know your dealer or your negotiation skills? Maybe you should elaborate.
Nothing to really elaborate on. Just an update question. Apologies if that question offended.

A few posts ago Ed talked about updates being covered for a period of time. That’s why directed his way.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Bubba, I've done one update, v12.5, and after inserting the card, it was all automatic...no, as I recall, pressing Setup, System Info, Update, and OK as the printed instructions say. Put the card in with the engine running and it took over thru completion. Was this your experience? I also lost no information. Your pictures will be great. Thanks!!!
Yes, that was exactly my experience.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ed, If I buy a CPO 2016. Do you think I can convince the dealer to do the install at purchase? Or do you think I’d have to pony up the money for the updated maps?
They are covered on the new models but not the 2106, but, no harm in asking. Dealers often do things like that to seal the deal. Every dealer is different though.

WPB

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I ordered my update from MapnSoft without problems and it arrived in two days via USPS.
I was impressed by the nice packaging and what looked crystal clear instructions and illustrations - just like getting something from Apple.
I did the update this afternoon and noted a few minor, actually very minor, things that were not perfect:
1. I couldn't get the SD card slot cover off with a finger nail - a small flat blade screw driver makes it easy.
2. After inserting the new SD card and starting the engine - a screen popped up asking if I wanted to update. Had to decide to press that icon or follow the instruction to go Home-Sttings, etc. Well after about 20 seconds that icon went away so followed the instructions and pressed Home. Step 4 of the instructions says to go to settings, but my car has "Set Up", but not "Settings". So Pressed that-went and from there it went smoothly. Also note Step 7 of the instruction booklet says "The update will begin and takes approx." That's it, i.e. no time given, though I knew from this thread and the inside cover of the booklet it's about 35 minutes. Lost no radio settings or destinations.
Very minor matters I know - but if it saves anyone from a few anxious seconds or minutes during an update I'm glad I could help.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I did the v13.0 (NA.12.41.51.592) navigation upgrade on my North American 2018 G80 Sport (9.2" HD Touch Screen) this weekend. The upgrade went smoothly/as expected. I did not loose any settings (radio/satellite presets,navigation settings, etc.). Unlike the previous v12.5 upgrade, I was prompted to install when I started the car with the new v13 SD card.

Per the documentation this upgrade was solely a roads and POI update. No new features/functionality was added. The "New Features" button in the "
INFORMATION FOR MAP UPDATE" section at https://ww.mapnsoft.com/genesis/ documents the changes in this and previous updates..

I took screen shots of the upgrade and will post a detailed step-by-step guide here when I get time.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I did the v13.0 (NA.12.41.51.592) navigation upgrade on my North American 2018 G80 Sport (9.2" HD Touch Screen) this weekend. The upgrade went smoothly/as expected. I did not loose any settings (radio/satellite presets,navigation settings, etc.). Unlike the previous v12.5 upgrade, I was prompted to install when I started the car with the new v13 SD card.
Update: Subsequent to the post above, I discovered the "Nigh/Evening" DIS display brightness level had changed post v13.0 upgrade. Last night (in the dark) the DIS display was blindingly bright. I went into the Display settings and reduced the brightness to the previous level I had set.

In my spare time (est. Jan. 2025 ;) ) I'll review all of the DIS settings. I recall this is a lengthy/time consuming process. It's like setting up/configuring a brand new computer.

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I did the update to 13 several days ago. I did not notice anything except that the navigation screen changed colors a little at first. As I have used things more I have noticed a few things.
1. I did loose my quick contacts on my phone. (I reloaded them and organized them much better this time and only had 12 anyway.) The phone is an LG thinQ 7.
2. The sound of the stereo use to be muted just when in reverse now it is muted in both reverse and drive until the surround screen goes off at 10 mph. (Don't care for this but not a big deal.)
3. The navigation directions on the windshield display appear to be more complete. (I like this)
4. The color change. (Not sure if I like this! It looks kinda washed out.)

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks for the reviews. I got my SD card for the update in the mail yesterday finally (I'm in Canada so guess that's why it took forever). Going to update today probably.