Mapnsoft has updated site for 2017-2018 Genesis Map Updates

Sugrat

Registered Member
SoCal
When did they add text message support under the phone option? Didn’t notice it when upgrading to map v12 but after v13, I saw it and enabled the option, then tested receiving messages, if not driving you can view the message or have it read to you. When driving it will on read it to you.

I have the 2017 G80 Ultimate so don’t have Apple car play, so this is a nice add.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When did they add text message support under the phone option? Didn’t notice it when upgrading to map v12 but after v13, I saw it and enabled the option, then tested receiving messages, if not driving you can view the message or have it read to you. When driving it will on read it to you.

I have the 2017 G80 Ultimate so don’t have Apple car play, so this is a nice add.
It was version 12.5 that added the text reading. Ver 13 just updated POIs and roads.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I did the update to 13 several days ago. I did not notice anything except that the navigation screen changed colors a little at first. As I have used things more I have noticed a few things.
1. I did loose my quick contacts on my phone. (I reloaded them and organized them much better this time and only had 12 anyway.) The phone is an LG thinQ 7.
2. The sound of the stereo use to be muted just when in reverse now it is muted in both reverse and drive until the surround screen goes off at 10 mph. (Don't care for this but not a big deal.)
3. The navigation directions on the windshield display appear to be more complete. (I like this)
4. The color change. (Not sure if I like this! It looks kinda washed out.)
Bubba, anxious to see your v13 update process photos. It will be good to compare them to the Mapnsoft install instruction.
Regards.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Bubba, anxious to see your v13 update process photos. It will be good to compare them to the Mapnsoft install instruction.
Regards.
It's on my to do list. Life and work are taking priority over documenting this. ;)

My experience installing the v13 update did not vary significantly from the Mapnsoft install instructions. My intent was to provide more detail and screenshots of the process.

genesis 3.8 base

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Give this a try: Short cord from the USB port to iPhone then press the Home button and see if Apple Carplay shows up on the screen.
i try(
i need update radio to have it.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It's on my to do list. Life and work are taking priority over documenting this. ;)

My experience installing the v13 update did not vary significantly from the Mapnsoft install instructions. My intent was to provide more detail and screenshots of the process.
I finally got around to documenting the v13 update last night. I have a draft created and expect to get it posted here over the weekend.

Let me know if there are any specific items/questions you may have about the update process. I'll be documenting the SD card ordering process and installation of the update with screenshots.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I finally got around to documenting the v13 update last night. I have a draft created and expect to get it posted here over the weekend.

Let me know if there are any specific items/questions you may have about the update process. I'll be documenting the SD card ordering process and installation of the update with screenshots.
Great!!! Thanks, Bubba. I'd be interested in seeing how your update process and screens differ from the mapnsoft instructions. For example, the instructions call for the user to click on System Info>Update and then OK start the process. My 12.5 experience was once you insert the card, it took over and no user inputs were necessary.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Great!!! Thanks, Bubba. I'd be interested in seeing how your update process and screens differ from the mapnsoft instructions. For example, the instructions call for the user to click on System Info>Update and then OK start the process. My 12.5 experience was once you insert the card, it took over and no user inputs were necessary.
When I did the 12.5 update I inserted the SD card before powering up the DIS (starting the car). I had to manually start the update process by going to System Info>Update and then choosing OK.

When I subsequently did the 13.0 update I also inserted the SD card before powering up the DIS (starting the car). When the DIS powered up I was prompted on the screen to start the update, choosing OK to proceed.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I’ve updated the “Maps” on my February 2018 purchased ‘18 G80 Sport twice so far without any issues. This is called a map update but may include firmware updates for the Driver Information System (DIS) navigation system. The only “screen” available for the 2018 G80 Sport is the 9.2” touch screen. I believe this is the same screen as the 2018 5.0 and 2018 3.8 with Ultimate package.

Part 1 of 2 - Ordering Map update
Go to the Genesis specific Mapnsoft website at Genesis Mapcare | Customer Login
You’ll have to create an account the first time you log into this site. The site will determine the correct map update and if a newer version is available based on your vehicle VIN number. If “PLACE AN ORDER” box is greyed out a newer version is NOT available for your vehicle yet.
nav-install-1.jpg

When placing order specify
Payment Method: Bill to GMA
Shipping Method: FedEx – 2 Day (Genesis is footing the bill why not do 2 day ;)
nav-install-2.jpg

I ordered the v13 update Monday April 8, 2019 and it was delivered Thursday April 11, 2019.
nav-install-3.jpg
Note the misspelling of Navigation ;)

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Part 2 of 2 - Map installation
I installed the NA.12.41.51.592 (V13.0) update April 21, 2019 (Easter Sunday).
I planned the update for a time when I’d be driving continuously for +45 minutes. Instructions indicated install should take approximately 35 minutes. My install time was 40 minutes. The engine should be running during the update to avoid battery discharge or power turning off to DIS. I strongly recommend not turning off power to DIS during the update process.

Be aware you will not have access to DIS controls (radio, Bluetooth, navigation, etc.) or screen while the update occurs. HVAC controls will work, but you won’t be able to see the settings (temperature, dash, floor, defrost settings, etc.) on the screen. So you better know where you going and tolerate the deathly quiet interior of the G80.
Have the new map update SD card (duh!).
Needle nose pliers to assist in removing the old SD card.

I started the update install with car engine off and not on “Accessory” setting.
SD card is located under “Map” below the “CD/DVD player slot between “Media” and “Map|Voice” buttons. Carefully use a plastic “spud”/screw driver to pry up “Map” cover from the underside. This cover is rubberized plastic, but just be careful.
nav-install-4.jpg
Remove old SD card by pushing card in and releasing. This will cause the card to move outward a few millimeters. Remove with pliers or small fingers.
Insert new card into slot face up with missing corner to the left and toward engine until it clicks. It should lock in place almost flush with the card slot.
nav-install-5.jpg

Start engine. After DIS starts up you will be prompted to install the update.
nav-install-6.jpg
During my previous update I was not prompted. To manually start the update ...
1) Press Home button on upper left side of console/shifter
2) Choose setup from screen
3) Choose System Info
4) Choose Update

Below are screenshots of the installation
nav-install-7a.jpg
nav-install-7b.jpg
nav-install-7c.jpg
nav-install-7d.jpg
nav-install-7e.jpg

You can verify the version installed by choosing
1) Press Home button on upper left side of console/shifter
2) Choose setup from screen
3) Choose System Info
4) Version
nav-install-8a.jpg
nav-install-8b.jpg

The SD card should remain installed subsequent to the installation.

This information provided “as is”. If you “brick” your DIS, lose money or hair don’t blame me. The map update process may be different on other years, models and trim lines.
Screen shots were taken by GF/passenger while I drove. Don’t use your phone/camera while driving!
No animals were harmed while producing this document (other than the squirrel that didn’t look both ways before crossing the highway).

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Bubba, this is very good and thorough. The screens are different on the Base model which I have, but your descriptions of the general process are very helpful. Thank you very much.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Bubba, this is very good and thorough. The screens are different on the Base model which I have, but your descriptions of the general process are very helpful. Thank you very much.
You're welcome. It probably took longer to document the installation above than to actually do the upgrade/install. :cool: