Mapnsoft has updated site for 2017-2018 Genesis Map Updates

Sugrat

Registered Member
SoCal
When did they add text message support under the phone option? Didn’t notice it when upgrading to map v12 but after v13, I saw it and enabled the option, then tested receiving messages, if not driving you can view the message or have it read to you. When driving it will on read it to you.

I have the 2017 G80 Ultimate so don’t have Apple car play, so this is a nice add.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When did they add text message support under the phone option? Didn’t notice it when upgrading to map v12 but after v13, I saw it and enabled the option, then tested receiving messages, if not driving you can view the message or have it read to you. When driving it will on read it to you.

I have the 2017 G80 Ultimate so don’t have Apple car play, so this is a nice add.
It was version 12.5 that added the text reading. Ver 13 just updated POIs and roads.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I did the update to 13 several days ago. I did not notice anything except that the navigation screen changed colors a little at first. As I have used things more I have noticed a few things.
1. I did loose my quick contacts on my phone. (I reloaded them and organized them much better this time and only had 12 anyway.) The phone is an LG thinQ 7.
2. The sound of the stereo use to be muted just when in reverse now it is muted in both reverse and drive until the surround screen goes off at 10 mph. (Don't care for this but not a big deal.)
3. The navigation directions on the windshield display appear to be more complete. (I like this)
4. The color change. (Not sure if I like this! It looks kinda washed out.)
Bubba, anxious to see your v13 update process photos. It will be good to compare them to the Mapnsoft install instruction.
Regards.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Bubba, anxious to see your v13 update process photos. It will be good to compare them to the Mapnsoft install instruction.
Regards.
It's on my to do list. Life and work are taking priority over documenting this. ;)

My experience installing the v13 update did not vary significantly from the Mapnsoft install instructions. My intent was to provide more detail and screenshots of the process.

genesis 3.8 base

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Give this a try: Short cord from the USB port to iPhone then press the Home button and see if Apple Carplay shows up on the screen.
i try(
i need update radio to have it.