• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Mapnsoft VIN not recognized

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was trying to get my Mapnsoft açount in order to get my Nav Map updated but they are not recognizing my G70 VIN number. Maybe is because my car is only 1 week old. How long after purchasing were you able to input your VIN in their website?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was trying to get my Mapnsoft açount in order to get my Nav Map updated but they are not recognizing my G70 VIN number. Maybe is because my car is only 1 week old. How long after purchasing were you able to input your VIN in their website?
It took me a few months, othere were long too. I'm not positive, but it seems like they have a high school kid come in on Thursday afternoon to add new VINs so it may take some time.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It took me a few months, othere were long too. I'm not positive, but it seems like they have a high school kid come in on Thursday afternoon to add new VINs so it may take some time.
Thanks Ed. I remember when I made my 2016 Hyundai Genesis account to the Hyundai Mapnsoft website it took a while. I thought thinks got better with time but obviously I was wrong.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Man I didn’t even know this was a thing, my sales guy told me I didn’t have to do anything for the map to update and it always would for free :/ and this is why forums are great

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Man I didn’t even know this was a thing, my sales guy told me I didn’t have to do anything for the map to update and it always would for free :/ and this is why forums are great
Your dealer can do it for you so he is correct, you don't have to do anything. Some of us are anal about getting updates sooner than the next service.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Site says only 3 years of updates included...really? Is that right or are they pulling my leg that I have to pay for basic map updates on my 50k car. Damnit google maps, you’ve got me spoiled

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Site says only 3 years of updates included...really? Is that right or are they pulling my leg that I have to pay for basic map updates on my 50k car. Damnit google maps, you’ve got me spoiled
That is 36 months longer than some brands selling for $75k or more. You can always get a Garmin.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally today I was able to add my VIN to my mapnsoft account. According to the website the last version is NA.11.47.44.462 (Version 12.5) and is ready to be downloaded/ordered to my car but checking the installed version in my car (produced May/15/18) I saw that I have version NAM.11.47.44.465.
According to the numbers it seems to me that my car has a "newer" version that the one at mapnsoft. Could be that possible?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally today I was able to add my VIN to my mapnsoft account. According to the website the last version is NA.11.47.44.462 (Version 12.5) and is ready to be downloaded/ordered to my car but checking the installed version in my car (produced May/15/18) I saw that I have version NAM.11.47.44.465.
According to the numbers it seems to me that my car has a "newer" version that the one at mapnsoft. Could be that possible?
They must have updated it for you before delivery. Mine which was manufactured in June still has an older map version.