Matte paint and Chrome...

grog01

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I've read many of the threads about the problems with the dark chrome and the discoloration that occurs after just a few months. I don't want to wrap my car in ceramic. Many people have suggested using various chrome polishes and waxes to clean the trim. At this point, mine has permanent waterspots on it. IMO, it is way too risky to be using waxes and/or polishes right next to paint that can easily be damaged. The dealer even warned me of this when I purchased my 2022 GV70, which is matte green.

Has anyone had any cooperation from Genesis as to how, or if they plan to address the problem?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MichaelJohnson

Registered Member
Cleveland, Tennessee
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've read many of the threads about the problems with the dark chrome and the discoloration that occurs after just a few months. I don't want to wrap my car in ceramic. Many people have suggested using various chrome polishes and waxes to clean the trim. At this point, mine has permanent waterspots on it. IMO, it is way too risky to be using waxes and/or polishes right next to paint that can easily be damaged. The dealer even warned me of this when I purchased my 2022 GV70, which is matte green.

Has anyone had any cooperation from Genesis as to how, or if they plan to address the problem?
Way too risky?? Tape it off. Not a big deal at all. It just takes some time to prep it. I'm not living in a fantasy world either. Literally polished all of the dark chrome off of my launch edition G70.

jaxsully

Hasn't posted much yet...
Sunny FLorida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I submitted my issue to my local dealer and they are handling it as a warranty issue, the part should be here in a week or so.