Meaning of bold forum thread titles?

GV80Fan

GV80 3.5 Prestige
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Regarding forum text formats, I was wondering about why some thread titles are in bold text and others are not. What does it mean when a title is bold and others are not? Why aren’t all titles bold? Does it suggest that bold titles are more important than those in regular text? Just curious about the seeming inconsistency.

Vince_K

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I think it is posts / threads that contain new posts that you haven't seen yet.

smiley47

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Cave Creek, Arizona
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Regarding forum text formats, I was wondering about why some thread titles are in bold text and others are not. What does it mean when a title is bold and others are not? Why aren’t all titles bold? Does it suggest that bold titles are more important than those in regular text? Just curious about the seeming inconsistency.
Pretty sure that bold threads are the ones you haven't viewed.

GV80Fan

GV80 3.5 Prestige
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Pretty sure that bold threads are the ones you haven't viewed.
Thank you Smiley and Vince for commenting. That’s what I thought also. However, that is not what actually happens on the threads I watch or don’t watch. My own past and present behavior does not appear to change the appearance of the title text format. This is not a critical issue, of course. However, since I already tidied up all my unresolved life and car questions for 2021, I thought I would start 2022 with a clean slate and not leave any loose ends of questions in my mind.

2021GCSGV80

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Thank you Smiley and Vince for commenting. That’s what I thought also. However, that is not what actually happens on the threads I watch or don’t watch. My own past and present behavior does not appear to change the appearance of the title text format. This is not a critical issue, of course. However, since I already tidied up all my unresolved life and car questions for 2021, I thought I would start 2022 with a clean slate and not leave any loose ends of questions in my mind.

Are you always signed in when you visit the site? If you are not signed in it will mark all threads in bold. If you are signed in it will only mark the threads that have new replies that you haven't yet read.

SGilbert

Registered Member
South Bend, IN
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Rant: If Sal would move or eliminate all the stickies ahead of new posts, we wouldn't have to scroll down for new or updated posts! Rant over. :)

GV80Fan

GV80 3.5 Prestige
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Are you always signed in when you visit the site? If you are not signed in it will mark all threads in bold. If you are signed in it will only mark the threads that have new replies that you haven't yet read.
Yup I’m always signed in. Headlines on the main overall page seem to have no pattern with regards to which ones are bold. I thought it was some kind of code or that some people choose an option to create a bold format but I have not seen a bold format choice when starting a new thread. I would have assumed it would be default bold for all question titles. It’s a head scratcher to me. Thanks for your response.

GV80Fan

GV80 3.5 Prestige
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Rant: If Sal would move or eliminate all the stickies ahead of new posts, we wouldn't have to scroll down for new or updated posts! Rant over. :)
I agree. Too many stickies on top now. It’s not user friendly when you have to scroll down to read posts. 1 or 2 meaningful stickies should be enough IMO.

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do you ever use "mark forums read"? I never see old posts, just thread with new posts. I read the ones of interest and when done, "mark forums read" makes the rest go away.

No rant needed

SGilbert

Registered Member
South Bend, IN
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Do you ever use "mark forums read"? I never see old posts, just thread with new posts. I read the ones of interest and when done, "mark forums read" makes the rest go away.

No rant needed
The rest do NOT go away, just the bold part.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The rest do NOT go away, just the bold part.
I never see them but it could be the setup.

Try clicking on your name and go to the setup for Preferences.

Click the box:
Restore dismissed notices
Any notices you have previously dismissed will be restored to view if you check this option.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

stevez

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I agree. Too many stickies on top now. It’s not user friendly when you have to scroll down to read posts. 1 or 2 meaningful stickies should be enough IMO.
Agree

led lit velossatech high performance big mouth ram air snorkels airscoops for your genesis
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners