• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Millisecond power loss

Genesisheadache

Getting familiar with the group...
I was going 75-80 mph on the south Florida turnpike yesterday and all of a sudden, the speedometer dropped and a couple of dashboard lights flickered for a millisecond and then the car went back to normal and the rest of the ride was fine. Just wondering if any of you have witnessed anything similar or have a solution. Btw I have a 2010 4.6 with 68,000 miles on it. Thanks.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Never had anything like that in 4 years and 2 cars. I'll assume you don't have an OBD2 reader, which could check for stored fault codes ($15 ebay). Check your battery terminal connections.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Or stop by any Autozone store near where you live who can scan it for free.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Check your battery terminal connections.

+1

dmitriylm

Registered Member
Or stop by any Autozone store near where you live who can scan it for free.

I'm surprised to still see people recommending this as in my area and many others Autozone/Oreilly don't check codes for customers. It might be a regional thing.

amartz

Registered Member
Jacksonville, FL
I'm surprised to still see people recommending this as in my area and many others Autozone/Oreilly don't check codes for customers. It might be a regional thing.

I have my own code reader now, but I've never had a problem with asking an O'Reilly or AutoZone to read my codes for me. Usually means they get to sell me something! :)

Genesisheadache

Getting familiar with the group...
So the car needs the yaw sensor to be replaced which will cost the extended warranty company $1600. I'm now thousands over what I paid for the extended warranty. The car also needs a new motor for the steering wheel cause it hasn't worked properly for a couple of years. Love the car, worst car electrically ever. Can't wait to see the issues with the new Genesis as I've been reading about enough issues as it is with the new car.

Registered Member

O'Reilly does here in Minnesota.