Mirror Cover/Cap Replacement

Nd1017

Registered Member
Anyone know how to remove/replace the side mirror covers? I've seen videos on it for the stinger, don't know if its the same process. From sales posting of mirror caps for G70 on eBay screws on the inside looks different like you have to remove from bottom.

Nd1017

Registered Member
Just an update. Its apparently a pain in the ass job. Took it to a body shop they disabled the housing as best they can but doesn't seem like the cap wants to come off easily. Will try the dealer next.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dang... No good. If a body shop is having trouble then it sounds like it's no easy feat. Keep us updated on what the dealer says! I wish Genesis/Hyundai would give us access to the factory service manual - would be VERY helpful.

Nd1017

Registered Member
Dang... No good. If a body shop is having trouble then it sounds like it's no easy feat. Keep us updated on what the dealer says! I wish Genesis/Hyundai would give us access to the factory service manual - would be VERY helpful.
My rep did say that the tech would need to pull directions from genesis as this is the first time they've gotten this request. I asked if they could print me a copy after the service out of curiosity. If I get it I'll pass it on. Crossing my fingers they can even install them I just want it done at this point. 😥

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My rep did say that the tech would need to pull directions from genesis as this is the first time they've gotten this request. I asked if they could print me a copy after the service out of curiosity. If I get it I'll pass it on. Crossing my fingers they can even install them I just want it done at this point. 😥
I don't blame you. When things don't go as planned on your car it can get very stressful, very quickly!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.