• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Mirror tap for radar detector

nodenwire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes to the ignition power wire so the radar detector turns on when the car is on. Do you need a picture of which wire is positive and which wire is ground?

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Might be better off running the wire tucked in the headliner to the A pillar then down to the fuse panel, use a fuse tap.
I put my detector in the lower left above the reg sticker, real tidy.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have my V1 right above the mirror on the left - can still use the visor, but ended up having to run the power along the headliner, down the pillar and a fuse tap. Cant see it from outside the car.

WWIAFTM

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm envisioning the lower left hand corner of the windshield as well. I also will need to rig my dash cam somewhere. :unsure:

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I think so, but you can tuck a wire across the top of the a pillar trim and down along the inside the door seal.

Melatonin

Dallas area, and beyond.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I inserted them in the back of the female connector.

So I inserted into slots 6 and 8 in the order you did. My detector does power up but, it doesn't turn off. I'm guessing pin 6 is not switched in vehicle as it is in yours? I'm saying this because the front of my rear view mirror has the button in a slightly different configuration. Would you be able to share where you found that diagram? Perhaps there's a slightly different version for my vehicle? Thanks.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums