Missing Key Fob

PeterPNJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi Everyone. I have a 2018 G80 with Premium Package.

A few days ago I was on a conference call and my almost 2 year old son grabbed my key fob and ran off. Unfortunately, I had to finish the call and could not chase him down in the moment. His language skills aren’t yet at the point where I can ask him where he left them and I can’t for the life of me figure it out!

With my luck, the keys will turn up 6 months from now when I have already turned in my G80 and I’m driving my GV80 (Hoping there’s plenty of them by then.) In any event, I digress. The key fob is in my house. Is there any way for me to locate the fob (perhaps electronically?) or am I doomed to get another one and find the missing one when it surfaces?

Thanks Everyone!

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
no finder or locator on the fob.. time to tear the house apart.... hopefully it wasn't flushed... (been there myself)

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

A few days ago I was on a conference call and my almost 2 year old son grabbed my key fob and ran off. Unfortunately, I had to finish the call and could not chase him down in the moment. His language skills aren’t yet at the point where I can ask him where he left them and I can’t for the life of me figure it out!

With my luck, the keys will turn up 6 months from now when I have already turned in my G80 and I’m driving my GV80 (Hoping there’s plenty of them by then.) In any event, I digress. The key fob is in my house. Is there any way for me to locate the fob (perhaps electronically?) or am I doomed to get another one and find the missing one when it surfaces?

Thanks Everyone!
Fingers crossed, look behind the pillows on the couch... chairs.
'hope he isn't a flusher.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Glad it's too big to swallow! :)

Hopefully you checked the garbage before it went out.

WPB

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Logically there should be a way to find it "electronically". If the car can sense when the fob is near or in the car the fob is putting out something probably after an inquiry by the car. Find someone, e.g. someone with an electronics background familiar with the technology e.g. a geeky friend, ham radio guy. or even ask a service manager if they can figure it out, or just get some basic info.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
OP got me curious about how PKE works.
There are numerous car key finding gadgets and aps.
Here's one - ZUS Car Key Finder - Apps on Google Play
If you are going the route of attaching something to the key ahead of time, I would recommend Tile. Find Your Keys, Wallet & Phone with Tile’s App and Bluetooth Tracker Device | Tile
It uses crowd sourcing. So if you loose your tile, others who are running the app send its position back to you. This happens transparently and others do not see your lost object.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Maybe is will show up when he is big enough to reach the pedals.
I wonder if you show him the other fob if he will get his so you can "play" together. Show him how pushing the button turns the lights on.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Yeah, hopefully it shows up. Even a fob for my 2015 was $380 (dealer paid). I'd imagine a 2018 wouldn't have gotten cheaper.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums