missing line on new 2.0t?

dxdude50

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Just some confusion, bought a 2013 genesis 2.0t Prem and after some random looking through the hood I noticed this, does anyone know what line that would be and if it's important. I cant find where it should be connected to, only that some have it and some dont.
second picture is mine.

Attachments

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
it's part of the PVC line, and it appears the previous owner may have had a catch can on there for oil blow by coming off the intake.

see image below:
1538662915061.png

if that was the case, and I suspect it was, then you should either get a catch can back in there or replaced the original hard line.. it appears he tied capped it so you don't have a vacuum leak, but it can lead to excess oil getting into the throttle body and intake.

dxdude50

Genesis Model Type
it's part of the PVC line, and it appears the previous owner may have had a catch can on there for oil blow by coming off the intake.

see image below:
View attachment 15663

if that was the case, and I suspect it was, then you should either get a catch can back in there or replaced the original hard line.. it appears he tied capped it so you don't have a vacuum leak, but it can lead to excess oil getting into the throttle body and intake.
Appriciate the info, any idea why he would have removed it?

dxdude50

Genesis Model Type
or to sell it.. it's an aftermarket part that he added, not OEM, so he probably didn't want to give it up with the car.
Just in your opinion, how worth the money are catch cans? I've never really looked into them, would you recommend just getting the stock vac lines back or is the catch can worth the ~$150

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just in your opinion, how worth the money are catch cans? I've never really looked into them, would you recommend just getting the stock vac lines back or is the catch can worth the ~$150
On force inducted motors yes I believe they hold value. Google it and watch some of the videos.

I would put one on my G80 sport, but it is a leased vehicle.

The only issue with catch cans IMO is people that don’t do their own oil changes forget to empty them which results in them filling and then clogging the vacuum lines.

If you are doing your own oil changes and can remember to empty it at each change, then IMO by all means get one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.