Mixed Experience with Genesis of Towson (so far)

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So, the dealer I bought my Genesis from a few months ago is Genesis of Towson. I know a lot of you guys in the forum are complaining that the Hyundai/Genesis distinction is not sufficient for your tastes, particularly when it comes to service (yes, and I know some of you are snot noses that don't want to be associated with *gasp* Hyundai buyers, but I'm more focused on the customer service experience). So I've just today gotten myself involved with a bit of a situation with the dealer, and it has good parts and bad parts, so I am just putting it out there for the record.

Buying the car went smoothly enough. Smooth enough for me to have bought two cars that day. That was mid-Corona, so, I don't know, June or something. And so off we go. A couple of minor things have happened:

First of all, still no luck on getting anyone at the dealership to answer me about an earlier question I had (which I detailed at length in this post in this forum), probably more than sufficient to identify me to them, so, hello Towson dealership! The guy that did get back to me asked for pictures of the damage, which I gladly sent him, and then I followed up THREE MORE TIMES. No email back. I then emailed the dealership manager, no email back. So that's not great, but, meh, it's not really those guys' (sales/dealership team) to be hopping to that particular question. So whatever. An email telling me: "This isn't really this team's problem, but you might check out X, or Y, as they have done repairs like this on Genesis" would have been nice.

Second of all, because I bought two cars, one for me, one for the wife, they really screwed up the cell phone numbers and email addresses associated. My wife is getting my emails, my texts, calls, etc. Despite my emailing three times, and calling twice, to try to get that fixed, no dice. Still screwed up. Even TODAY, she got my call from the dealership, not 15 minutes after I was physically in there, and physically asked them to update the system with the correct information for the 6th time. SO not great.

Anyway, here's my service situation:

A couple days ago, my wife comes in and tells me: "Your passenger tire is flat". Really? Sure enough, it's pancaked, there's a 3" drywall screw right in the tread. I open my Genesis app, click a few buttons, and in less than 45 minutes someone has been by the house and has properly dismounted the tire, and mounted my donut spare. No charge. This is good :)

Since the dealership is far away, I first take it to a local garage. They tell me: these Continental tires you have, have a layer of foam, and an impossible to remove adhesive under it, and an impossible self-healing compound under that. I cannot fix this, sir, there's no way a patch will bind to this. "You sure?" Guy: "Sir, I do this for a living. I'm sure. The new tire is going to run $350 ish total after mounting etc. to replace with the identical. I could have it Tuesday, maybe." "Let me call the dealer, thanks for looking."

(Note to self: A self-healing tire and/or foam-lined-for-silence tire, if it for some reason does not self-heal during a puncture, is garbage and has to be replaced. Fun times!)

I call the dealer (this was yesterday). The Dealer, despite its name as "Genesis of Towson", that's only for show. The dealership is "really" this Hyundai dealership, and everything is very Hyundai. That's fine. I don't mind. But they have like 10 service consultants working at any given time, and (I think?) 1 Genesis consultant, and he can't be there every day they're open obviously. So this is what you guys have been complaining about a lot, that there is little difference in service level between being a Hyundai owner and Genesis owner for most of you. Confirmed. I agree. Sort of. Read on.

So anyway, it was impossible getting a "Hyundai" person in the service department to answer my call. Couldn't even wait on the line, had to leave my name/number, which they did not call back. I said "F. This." and just kept calling, calling, calling, calling. On about the fifth attempt, someone answered. They weren't that interested--they were obviously super busy, and I felt their pain. Somehow I remain completely calm. But, I will say this. When they realized I had a Genesis, the conversation stopped immediately, and they said: "Sir, I'll get you the Genesis advisor right away. Sorry about that."

Sure enough, another guy immediately gets on the phone, is calm and relaxed, and is definitely taking the time to see what he can do for me after he hears about my tire. I ask him, "is what the other guy told me probably true about the tire?" He says: "Yes sir unfortunately yes, we might be able to repair it, but more than likely, your guy was right." I say: "Alright, do you have the tire?" After asking me if I had the different tires on front vs. back (which I do), he knows what tire it is, "Yes sir, we always stock that tire. When would you like to do it?" "As soon as humanly possible. Now?? LOL" "Sir, I could squeeze that in if I had to, but I would have to get creative." "No, brother, tomorrow morning?" "Lovely". "8AM?" "Lord have mercy. If I have to?" "OK, 9:30AM then sir? And if you can make it earlier, you'll get it in earlier?" "Great. Deal. How much?" "It'll be more than $275, less than $375. I can look it up if you want?" "No, that's fine. Thanks. See you in the morning". "Thanks for getting me in on such short notice, brother." "My pleasure sir."

Me to wife: "Well, that could have gone a lot worse. Excellent."

So I show up at 9:20 or so, just two hours ago right now. Today is the Genesis guy's day off (didn't expect that, but OK, it was short notice, at least he got me on the schedule, and we all know it's going to be the same service people either way, so whatever). So I am in the Hyundai service queue. I am the 4th person queued up at the desk, waiting for an advisor. They are clearly super busy, over-subscribed, and doing their best on a Saturday. But this only takes maybe 15 minutes. They see I have an appointment, start getting ready to serve my car, etc. Standard stuff. "Let me just make sure we have that tire in the shop." "Oh, you do, the guy said it was in stock yesterday." She picks up the phone.

You know where this is going, right....

"Sir we don't have that tire. But we have another trim level, it'll be like $100 more."

"You're saying, not only do you not have the tire I was assured you have, you want me to replace one tire, with a completely different tire, completely unmatched."

"Yes"

"On a brand new Genesis G80".

"Yes. You could."

"Are you being serious right now? You want me to replace, on a brand new Genesis G80, a tire with a mismatched tire? No, I don't want to do that." An actual service guy, who has wandered in to talk to an advisor, overhears this part of the conversation, also seems appalled at the suggestion, and says to the woman: "Yeah, no, you're going to want to match the tire for the gentleman on that car, or get him two new ones." Yes. Indeed. Thank you.

"It would take me until Tuesday to get the exact tire."

"Is there no way you can get the tire by other means?" (Me: Why am I even asking this? Why isn't she doing this automatically?)

"Let me do some research."

She then calls two retail places, that no one with a new Genesis would ever, in a million years, expect to take their car for tires. Naturally, they think she's insane for even asking, and no, they don't have those tires. She then looks at me expectantly as if to say, ok, I tried ********cker, not sure what you're expecting me to do at this point.

Somehow, I am still completely calm. Which surprises me. As a younger man I reacted very badly in spots like this. And I say:

"It's like this, let me tell you where I'm at with this right now. I have a brand new Genesis G80 that I bought just like 3 months ago. While there is a bit of bad luck here that I somehow got a drywall screw right in the tire, and that is certainly not your fault, nothing else that is happening here is up to snuff. I would not have driven 20 miles this morning on surface roads in Baltimore on a donut spare had I been given any of the information that you have given me. I was told you had the tire, and I could get it done this morning. This experience is not going well. I have done everything right, and I have been pleasant, appreciative, and accommodating. Now I need you guys to do your part." Now's it's my turn to look expectantly, as if to say, ok, I tried *******cker, not sure what you're expecting me to do at this point.

"Did the Genesis consultant tell you the tire was in stock?"

(Me, thinking to self, did I not say this at least once, and imply it at least two more times?) "Yes he did."

"Let me call him".

"By all means."

And for THIS call, she gets up from the desk, and goes elsewhere. Probably because she doesn't want me to hear the conversation. Maybe she's going to tell him I'm a *****, or an arrogant jackass. I don't know.

She returns about 90 seconds later, with a completely different attitude. She says, "Sir, I apologize for the confusion. We will give you a G70 loaner immediately--I apologize that's smaller than what you're used to--please leave the car here over the weekend, and we'll have it done for Tuesday 98% chance, if not, then Wednesday. I just need your drivers' license and insurance paperwork and we'll get you out here."

And then everything was fine and handled.

The transformation was remarkable. I have no idea what the Genesis consultant told her, but I am sure he at least confirmed my version of events, and told her to fix me up immediately.

So both on the phone call, when I was passed to this Genesis consultant, and then at the dealership, when she called the (off duty) Genesis service advisor guy, my experience immediately changed for the better from the standard Hyundai pool. So there is that.

So I understand what you guys are saying, the ones that say you expect a higher level of service/consideration with your Genesis purchase, and the muddying of the waters on the dealership side isn't working for you.

So far, I am OK with this dealer. This dealer clearly has more action than he can handle, and a lot of balls to juggle. I'd rather have a smoother experience with some things, but eventually (so far, fingers crossed) things do seem to get sorted, and I get some additional consideration for being one of their Genesis customers, but not right away. The other dealers in the area for Genesis are frankly complete buffoons, so it was slim pickings. I'd like to see the brand up its game, but perhaps that's why we're not paying Lexus prices.

Last edited:

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Your story is emblematic of the broader dealership experiences had by many Genesis owners. The problem, as I see it, isn’t an unwillingness to treat Genesis customers well. It’s two other things: (1) the extremely low baseline standard for Hyundai customer service, on average, and (2) the very high proportion of “bad” dealerships. I mean, Hyundai owners must really be treated badly based upon what I’ve read here and observed in my own Hyundai/Genesis dealership. And, with so few dealerships authorized to sell Genesis products, customers really struggle to find a good one (assuming a good one even exists in their regional market). I know, Genesis has no control over its dealerships, and those are independently owned stores which are managed by the franchisees. If I’ve heard that once, I’ve heard it a million times. But if the dealer network is so weak, at some point it becomes counterproductive to try to maintain, let alone grow, a luxury brand.

I’m glad you were able to get the service you needed and deserved in the end. Many customers would not be that patient or persistent. I suspect a lot of owners would simply shell out the extra money and then complain about the dealership, the car, and the brand to anyone who would listen. That’s not going to help Genesis in the long run. It might even be its demise.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So, the dealer I bought my Genesis from a few months ago is Genesis of Towson. I know a lot of you guys in the forum are complaining that the Hyundai/Genesis distinction is not sufficient for your tastes, particularly when it comes to service (yes, and I know some of you are snot noses that don't want to be associated with *gasp* Hyundai buyers, but I'm more focused on the customer service experience). So I've just today gotten myself involved with a bit of a situation with the dealer, and it has good parts and bad parts, so I am just putting it out there for the record.

Buying the car went smoothly enough. Smooth enough for me to have bought two cars that day. That was mid-Corona, so, I don't know, June or something. And so off we go. A couple of minor things have happened:

First of all, still no luck on getting anyone at the dealership to answer me about an earlier question I had (which I detailed at length in this post in this forum), probably more than sufficient to identify me to them, so, hello Towson dealership! The guy that did get back to me asked for pictures of the damage, which I gladly sent him, and then I followed up THREE MORE TIMES. No email back. I then emailed the dealership manager, no email back. So that's not great, but, meh, it's not really those guys' (sales/dealership team) to be hopping to that particular question. So whatever. An email telling me: "This isn't really this team's problem, but you might check out X, or Y, as they have done repairs like this on Genesis" would have been nice.

Second of all, because I bought two cars, one for me, one for the wife, they really screwed up the cell phone numbers and email addresses associated. My wife is getting my emails, my texts, calls, etc. Despite my emailing three times, and calling twice, to try to get that fixed, no dice. Still screwed up. Even TODAY, she got my call from the dealership, not 15 minutes after I was physically in there, and physically asked them to update the system with the correct information for the 6th time. SO not great.

Anyway, here's my service situation:

A couple days ago, my wife comes in and tells me: "Your passenger tire is flat". Really? Sure enough, it's pancaked, there's a 3" drywall screw right in the tread. I open my Genesis app, click a few buttons, and in less than 45 minutes someone has been by the house and has properly dismounted the tire, and mounted my donut spare. No charge. This is good :)

Since the dealership is far away, I first take it to a local garage. They tell me: these Continental tires you have, have a layer of foam, and an impossible to remove adhesive under it, and an impossible self-healing compound under that. I cannot fix this, sir, there's no way a patch will bind to this. "You sure?" Guy: "Sir, I do this for a living. I'm sure. The new tire is going to run $350 ish total after mounting etc. to replace with the identical. I could have it Tuesday, maybe." "Let me call the dealer, thanks for looking."

(Note to self: A self-healing tire and/or foam-lined-for-silence tire, if it for some reason does not self-heal during a puncture, is garbage and has to be replaced. Fun times!)

I call the dealer (this was yesterday). The Dealer, despite its name as "Genesis of Towson", that's only for show. The dealership is "really" this Hyundai dealership, and everything is very Hyundai. That's fine. I don't mind. But they have like 10 service consultants working at any given time, and (I think?) 1 Genesis consultant, and he can't be there every day they're open obviously. So this is what you guys have been complaining about a lot, that there is little difference in service level between being a Hyundai owner and Genesis owner for most of you. Confirmed. I agree. Sort of. Read on.

So anyway, it was impossible getting a "Hyundai" person in the service department to answer my call. Couldn't even wait on the line, had to leave my name/number, which they did not call back. I said "F. This." and just kept calling, calling, calling, calling. On about the fifth attempt, someone answered. They weren't that interested--they were obviously super busy, and I felt their pain. Somehow I remain completely calm. But, I will say this. When they realized I had a Genesis, the conversation stopped immediately, and they said: "Sir, I'll get you the Genesis advisor right away. Sorry about that."

Sure enough, another guy immediately gets on the phone, is calm and relaxed, and is definitely taking the time to see what he do for me after he hears about my tire. I ask him, "is what the other guy told me probably true about the tire?" He says: "Yes sir unfortunately yes, we might be able to repair it, but more than likely, your guy was right." I say: "Alright, do you have the tire?" After asking me if I had the different tires on front vs. back (which I do), he knows what tire it is, "Yes sir, we always stock that tire. When would you like to do it?" "As soon as humanly possible. Now?? LOL" "Sir, I could squeeze that in if I had to, but I would have to get creative." "No, brother, tomorrow morning?" "Lovely". "8AM?" "Lord have mercy. If I have to?" "OK, 9:30AM then sir? And if you can make it earlier, you'll get it in earlier?" "Great. Deal. How much?" "It'll be more than $275, less than $375. I can look it up if you want?" "No, that's fine. Thanks. See you in the morning". "Thanks for getting me in on such short notice, brother." "My pleasure sir."

Me to wife: "Well, that could have gone a lot worse. Excellent."

So I show up at 9:20 or so, just two hours ago right now. Today is the Genesis guy's day off (didn't expect that, but OK, it was short notice, at least he got me on the schedule, and we all know it's going to be the same service people either way, so whatever). So I am in the Hyundai service queue. I am the 4th person queued up at the desk, waiting for an advisor. They are clearly super busy, over-subscribed, and doing their best on a Saturday. But this only takes maybe 15 minutes. They see I have an appointment, start getting ready to serve my car, etc. Standard stuff. "Let me just make sure we have that tire in the shop." "Oh, you do, the guy said it was in stock yesterday." She picks up the phone.

You know where this is going, right....

"Sir we don't have that tire. But we have another trim level, it'll be like $100 more."

"You're saying, not only do you not have the tire I was assured you have, you want me to replace one tire, with a completely different tire, completely unmatched."

"Yes"

"On a brand new Genesis G80".

"Yes. You could."

"Are you being serious right now? You want me to replace, on a brand new Genesis G80, a tire with a mismatched tire? No, I don't want to do that." An actual service guy, who has wandered in to talk to an advisor, overhears this part of the conversation, also seems appalled at the suggestion, and says to the woman: "Yeah, no, you're going to want to match the tire for the gentleman on that car, or get him two new ones." Yes. Indeed. Thank you.

"It would take me until Tuesday to get the exact tire."

"Is there no way you can get the tire by other means?" (Me: Why am I even asking this? Why isn't she doing this automatically?)

"Let me do some research."

She then calls two retail places, that no one with a new Genesis would ever, in a million years, expect to take their car for tires. Naturally, they think she's insane for even asking, and no, they don't have those tires. She then looks at me expectantly as if to say, ok, I tried ********cker, not sure what you're expecting me to do at this point.

Somehow, I am still completely calm. Which surprises me. As a younger man I reacted very badly in spots like this. And I say:

"It's like this, let me tell you where I'm at with this right now. I have a brand new Genesis G80 that I bought just like 3 months ago. While there is a bit of bad luck here that I somehow got a drywall screw right in the tire, and that is certainly not your fault, nothing else that is happening here is up to snuff. I would not have driven 20 miles this morning on surface roads in Baltimore on a donut spare had I been given any of the information that you have given me. I was told you had the tire, and I could get it done this morning. This experience is not going well. I have done everything right, and I have been pleasant, appreciative, and accommodating. Now I need you guys to do your part." Now's it's my turn to look expectantly, as if to say, ok, I tried *******cker, not sure what you're expecting me to do at this point.

"Did the Genesis consultant tell you the tire was in stock?"

(Me, thinking to self, did I not say this at least once, and imply it at least two more times?) "Yes he did."

"Let me call him".

"By all means."

And for THIS call, she gets up from the desk, and goes elsewhere. Probably because she doesn't want me to hear the conversation. Maybe she's going to tell him I'm a *****, or an arrogant jackass. I don't know.

She returns about 90 seconds later, with a completely different attitude. She says, "Sir, I apologize for the confusion. We will give you a G70 loaner immediately--I apologize that's smaller than what you're used to--please leave the car here over the weekend, and we'll have it done for Tuesday 98% chance, if not, then Wednesday. I just need your drivers' license and insurance paperwork and we'll get you out here."

And then everything was fine and handled.

The transformation was remarkable. I have no idea what the Genesis consultant told her, but I am sure he at least confirmed my version of events, and told her to fix me up immediately.

So both on the phone call, when I was passed to this Genesis consultant, and then at the dealership, when she called the (off duty) Genesis service advisor guy, my experience immediately changed for the better from the standard Hyundai pool. So there is that.

So I understand what you guys are saying, the ones that say you expect a higher level of service/consideration with your Genesis purchase, and the muddying of the waters on the dealership side isn't working for you.

So far, I am OK with this dealer. This dealer clearly has more action than he can handle, and a lot of balls to juggle. I'd rather have a smoother experience with some things, but eventually (so far, fingers crossed) things do seem to get sorted, and I get some additional consideration for being one of their Genesis customers, but not right away. The other dealers in the area for Genesis are frankly complete buffoons, so it was slim pickings. I'd like to see the brand up its game, but perhaps that's why we're not paying Lexus prices.
Sounds like they at least are trying but need attention and training. Well written also.

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I’m glad you were able to get the service you needed and deserved in the end.
God willing. We'll find out Tuesday.

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Also:

I really don't care for the G70, now that I have one as a loaner and have driven it. It does seem more spritely/sporty than the G80, but the feeling of size and luxury is considerably more obvious in the G80.

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Car not done. The promise of Tuesday was not correct.

We're trying for tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
Car not done. The promise of Tuesday was not correct.

We're trying for tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.
I am now trying to get my 2018 G90 in for the 30 month maintenance. I called on Tuesday to schedule a valet pick up and was told that a service adviser would call me back to set up the appointment. Tuesaday came and went no call. Called back on Wednesday and an adviser said the car would be picked up on Thursday between 8 am and10 am. I asked about a loaner and was told they would call me back with the details. Guess what no call !. It is now 10:40 and no pick up —Surprise Surprise.
I almost get the feeling that Genesis is an annoyance to this dealer. In fact the last time I was their for service on my grocery getter Veloster There was a dedicated area for Genesis. It had a G70 On the floor, a 2019 G80 and a marquee area for the G90. It had the complete book for the G90 with glossy pictures and the complete narrative for the G90. Guess what it was for a 2018 G90. Just Shows how much of a commitment the have to the brand. It is a joke. Out of curiosity I asked a sales rep about the G70 and she was clueless at best
I do like the car but I feel that Genesis and Hyundai have truly stepped on their collective weenies. I am sorry that I went down the Genesis yellow brick road.

lou1119

California
I am now trying to get my 2018 G90 in for the 30 month maintenance. I called on Tuesday to schedule a valet pick up and was told that a service adviser would call me back to set up the appointment. Tuesaday came and went no call. Called back on Wednesday and an adviser said the car would be picked up on Thursday between 8 am and10 am. I asked about a loaner and was told they would call me back with the details. Guess what no call !. It is now 10:40 and no pick up —Surprise Surprise.
I almost get the feeling that Genesis is an annoyance to this dealer. In fact the last time I was their for service on my grocery getter Veloster There was a dedicated area for Genesis. It had a G70 On the floor, a 2019 G80 and a marquee area for the G90. It had the complete book for the G90 with glossy pictures and the complete narrative for the G90. Guess what it was for a 2018 G90. Just Shows how much of a commitment the have to the brand. It is a joke. Out of curiosity I asked a sales rep about the G70 and she was clueless at best
I do like the car but I feel that Genesis and Hyundai have truly stepped on their collective weenies. I am sorry that I went down the Genesis yellow brick road.
Further to the debacle. Called at 11:15 to find out where they were. Was informed they scheduled 2 pick ups today and as soon as the valet guy got back they would pick up my car.It is now 1:37 and still not here. I called to cancel today and reschedule for another day. We will see what happens next week🤔

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You know, say the dealership's name. Let them know we're out here.

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
To update on my experience:

The tire is on the car. It was ready Wednesday around 10.

When I got there, they had completely the wrong tire invoiced on my thing, so that had to be taken care of, which was another 20 minutes. The Genesis service advisor was there, I got to meet him finally, etc. A pleasant enough fellow, but again I was struck with the fact that this dealership clearly had way way way more action than it had space, employees, or patience. Most of the unpleasantness in this experience seems clearly more due to just that, over-worked, tightly-squeezed, employees, in the service area, leading to lack of patience and short tempers.

As much as I empathize, it's also not my problem, and I'm being generous (in my opinion) by letting it slide. I am hoping the future service experience---such as when I finally do get to invoke the concierge stuff---goes more smoothly.

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Also, I have some whacky-ass PSI readings. 39, 31, 37 and 33. You'd think they would have gone over the pressure in the 4 tires and got them all where they needed to be.

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Also, I have some whacky-ass PSI readings. 39, 31, 37 and 33. You'd think they would have gone over the pressure in the 4 tires and got them all where they needed to be.
First thing I do after service is I) Check oil level 2) Check psi - never ever right!

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
DrKK,

Like previously stated, very well written. Thank you for sharing your story, even if it is a disappointing one.

As both a Genesis owner and a general manager of an automotive tire and service facility(large nationwide retail chain), I hate reading stories like this. I try to teach my workers(salespersons mainly) to under promise and over deliver. In your case, had I been the Genesis service advisor, I'd have offered to bring a loaner car to you, and drive your car back to the shop. Or get it towed to the shop. Either way, I'd have taken the burden off of you. That's the first step. Second is finding the tire. Any dealer worth a dime should STOCK a minimum of a single OEM tire for the majority of the vehicles that are currently being sold, as the newest model year OEM tires are the most difficult to get, and generally only require one tire being replaced.

You should write a letter directly to Genesis. The only way we'll see change is by letting them know how things are.

Lastly, and sorry to pour salt on your wound, but I could have patched your tire. Assuming the puncture was in a repairable location, acoustic sound deadening foam insert tires can be patched. I've patched many 22" Tesla tires, and have converted the owners to bring their car to me for tires as opposed to Tesla directly.

tissle

Getting familiar with the group...
There is really no point in writing directly to Genesis.

I echo what everyone else is saying. Great car, but I'm tired of the Hyundai experience. @DrKK I had a similar experience with two genesis dealerships.
The first one straight up lied to me during the purchase of the car and the 2nd dealership told me they had the right part to do a recall (....and I take my car there and turns out they don't).

This my first and last Genesis.

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
DrKK,

Like previously stated, very well written. Thank you for sharing your story, even if it is a disappointing one.

As both a Genesis owner and a general manager of an automotive tire and service facility(large nationwide retail chain), I hate reading stories like this. I try to teach my workers(salespersons mainly) to under promise and over deliver. In your case, had I been the Genesis service advisor, I'd have offered to bring a loaner car to you, and drive your car back to the shop. Or get it towed to the shop. Either way, I'd have taken the burden off of you. That's the first step. Second is finding the tire. Any dealer worth a dime should STOCK a minimum of a single OEM tire for the majority of the vehicles that are currently being sold, as the newest model year OEM tires are the most difficult to get, and generally only require one tire being replaced.

You should write a letter directly to Genesis. The only way we'll see change is by letting them know how things are.

Lastly, and sorry to pour salt on your wound, but I could have patched your tire. Assuming the puncture was in a repairable location, acoustic sound deadening foam insert tires can be patched. I've patched many 22" Tesla tires, and have converted the owners to bring their car to me for tires as opposed to Tesla directly.

Very educational. Thank you!

Bmi949

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Orange County Ca.
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have never taken my car to the dealer for tires. I use America’s tire , Discount tires or other shops. They will usually have your tire in stock or can get it quickly.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums