MnSoft updating this spring

Jamesalanb

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I know there are several threads on nav update already but didn't want this to get lost in an old one...
For anyone looking at buying the 12.5 update, Oliver at MnSoft advised they are rolling out 13 in late March Early April.
As always, take this with a grain of salt, since customer service may not have the most accurate info. He did tell me this after I told him I want to purchase the current version though...
Needless to say, I'll wait a few months to see.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Cool nice info . I was thinking of upgrading to V12 , since i am currently on really old NAM.07.47.65.001.002 - i can wait .

Joe7Bros

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Just an FYI: MnSoft uses PayPal as their third-party payment processor; the end result, for me, was a compromised credit card. If you have a PayPal account, you may want to have cash in the account rather than use your credit card. And, no surprise, neither party wants to accept responsibility OR offer an apology

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just an FYI: MnSoft uses PayPal as their third-party payment processor; the end result, for me, was a compromised credit card. If you have a PayPal account, you may want to have cash in the account rather than use your credit card. And, no surprise, neither party wants to accept responsibility OR offer an apology

been using paypal for 18 years and never had an issue with a compromised card. are you sure it was transaction that caused it?

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
if it's free i'll get it, if for nothing but to fix the couple of hiccups introduced by 12.5, which hopefully will be fixed. I contacted mapnsoft regarding them and filed a report with them that they verified were "known issues, being addressed"

I won't pay for it though, if it isn't free I will wait until next year when my free is available.

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
if it's free i'll get it, if for nothing but to fix the couple of hiccups introduced by 12.5, which hopefully will be fixed. I contacted mapnsoft regarding them and filed a report with them that they verified were "known issues, being addressed"

I won't pay for it though, if it isn't free I will wait until next year when my free is available.
I just updated to the 12.5! So if it is free, heck yeah, I'll do it again.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Its not free for the Genesis Ultimate. Its 145 + 30 (for the SD card) , totals $175.
I plan to get the version 13 , since my current map version shows as NAM.07.47.65.001.002 (possibly previous owner never upgraded it)

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Its not free for the Genesis Ultimate. Its 145 + 30 (for the SD card) , totals $175.
I plan to get the version 13 , since my current map version shows as NAM.07.47.65.001.002 (possibly previous owner never upgraded it)
Isn’t yours a 2015-2016 and CPO?

It is free for 3 years for new car owners regardless of model I believe.

The question is if we get all updates free for 3 years or 1 update a year for 3 years. There has been some confusion on this issue.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Yha mine is a 2015 3.8 Ultimate , and is certified CPO .
But i do not see any option in myHyundai to upgrade maps for free . Also its over 3 years now .

I checked in the sd card matrix and my version - NAM.07.47.65.001.002 maps to v8.5 . The v13 upgrade should be a big upgrade from the v8.5 its currently running .

sd card version matrix - SD Matrix

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yha mine is a 2015 3.8 Ultimate , and is certified CPO .
But i do not see any option in myHyundai to upgrade maps for free . Also its over 3 years now .

I checked in the sd card matrix and my version - NAM.07.47.65.001.002 maps to v8.5 . The v13 upgrade should be a big upgrade from the v8.5 its currently running .

sd card version matrix - SD Matrix
maps are never free, the programming for the routing and POIs is proprietary so there will always be a fee, even though Genesis says "free" for 3 years for new owners, Genesis is paying for them and the cost was likely built into the cost of the vehicles.

with 12.5 it did show a fee on mapnsoft until you enter your VIN, if it's on the magic list then at checkout it reverts to $0, Still has the shipping charge, but there is a check box to "charge to Genesis" that again zeros it out..

if you want free I have my 11.5 version I will give to you, shoot me an address, I have no use for it..

zape

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I want free update, can you upload the image of the SD card somewhere?
BTW, the page says there is also an USB, what is it used for?

My version is very old (06.50.71.001.003) (Ultimate version)
I can dig into the SD card to see if there is a way to replace the VIN number if it is present
I would need two images of the same version from two different cars so I can compare the two to identify the place where they keep the VIN number

this software can be used to create an image of the SD card:

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.