• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Mood lighting change option missing

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, so in the manual it says that we should be able to adjust the level of the ambient lighting in the cabin. These are the lights that come on when you open the door or click them on manually overhead. Anyways this option to change it exists in the manual but is not actually an option in the car. My sales guy took a look at this today and agreed with me it’s missing so he’s reaching out to Genesis to see wtf is going on. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone was wondering like I was how to turn down those glaring spotlights5E5BB2E3-90B6-48E7-8C52-C8327D21671A.jpeg

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I believe by ambient they are referring to the colored mood lighting, NOT the lights that come on when you open the door. So nothing tf is going on. The courtesy lights don't change in intensity.
What colored mood lighting would you be referring to? I don’t have any other lights that come on besides the approach logo, headlights and the ‘courtesy lights’

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, so in the manual it says that we should be able to adjust the level of the ambient lighting in the cabin. These are the lights that come on when you open the door or click them on manually overhead. Anyways this option to change it exists in the manual but is not actually an option in the car. My sales guy took a look at this today and agreed with me it’s missing so he’s reaching out to Genesis to see wtf is going on. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone was wondering like I was how to turn down those glaring spotlightsView attachment 17365
There's a few missing features if you go by the manual. They made a comprehensive manual and not one for each individual market.
The Korean vehicles have a horse shoe LED strip on surrounding the sunroof controls. They also have Rear View Monitor, HDA, and advanced seat adjustments. The Middle East has a rear fog light option and etc.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There's a few missing features if you go by the manual. They made a comprehensive manual and not one for each individual market.
The Korean vehicles have a horse shoe LED strip on surrounding the sunroof controls. They also have Rear View Monitor, HDA, and advanced seat adjustments. The Middle East has a rear fog light option and etc.
This would explain a lot

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This would explain a lot
Looks like maybe they thought about ambient lighting and it was removed which is a bummer because most if not all the other luxury car manufacturers have it and it is putting Genesis at a disadvantage. Better hope 2020 model brings it or they might lose some business.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
wasn't removed, just isn't available in the North American market, only in the Korean market, Hyundai has done that with quite a few options, as does Toyota/Lexus in the Japanese Market and MBZ/BMW in the Euro Market, they get features we don't sometimes because we have screwed up laws, other times because of cost and profit margin..
I looked at the Korean model and the only thing missing is one little light on the ceiling around the sunroof controls. That isn’t ambient lighting. I’m taking about the accent lights that are built into the door, dash and vents that light up. It appears that might have been dropped from production at a very late stage. If Genesis believes that is ambient lighting they need so see every other major manufacturer.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I looked at the Korean model and the only thing missing is one little light on the ceiling around the sunroof controls. That isn’t ambient lighting. I’m taking about the accent lights that are built into the door, dash and vents that light up. It appears that might have been dropped from production at a very late stage. If Genesis believes that is ambient lighting they need so see every other major manufacturer.
Who cares man. Out of everything about this car...you bitch about mood lighting?!?!? That’s your deal breaker? It just won car of the year...several awards. Jeez.