• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MT Interior Comparison: Volvo S60 vs. Genesis G70

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

We like both approaches, but we prefer the clean and crisp design of the S60, as it looks and feels more upscale. We're usually not fans of the black-on-black interior, but with the wood and chrome details in the cabin, Volvo designers came up with a smart and elegant layout.
Totally disagree w/ MT's opinion re Volvo's interior design being clean and crisp and looking Scandinavian.

The elongated vertical vents alongside the in-dash screen make for a bulky and ungainly looking center-stack area which totally takes away from any horizontal aspect of the dash.

The dash of the new G80 w/ its clear horizontal lines looks more Scandinavian in design.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I rented an S60 in California a couple of months ago and rather liked it. One highlight was those seats, SO comfortable. Genesis had superior ergonomics though, too many things in the Volvo delegated to the touch screen.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I rented an S60 in California a couple of months ago and rather liked it. One highlight was those seats, SO comfortable. Genesis had superior ergonomics though, too many things in the Volvo delegated to the touch screen.

If the S60's touch screen is anything like the XC40's screen, I totally understand. Too much goes on with it, I feel like they're trying to mimic Tesla and Apple, and it's really annoying with all the swiping to get in all these ambiguous menus that are totally unintuitive.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Friend has a 2020 Subaru Outback. Screen is 12 inches and does everything. Confused the heck out of me when I sat in it .

download.jpg

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If the S60's touch screen is anything like the XC40's screen, I totally understand. Too much goes on with it, I feel like they're trying to mimic Tesla and Apple, and it's really annoying with all the swiping to get in all these ambiguous menus that are totally unintuitive.
Agreed, especially for common climate control functions like changing the temperature. There's no reason that needs to take multiple button presses.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agreed. I haven't been in an S60 yet, but I've been in previous Volvo sedan models and the front seats were by far the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. I would love to have them in my G70. This seems to be a opinion held by many. I wish the car companies would use these as their benchmark.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If the S60's touch screen is anything like the XC40's screen, I totally understand.
I like the XC40. I will say that having the A/C controls only in the touchscreen is wrong but beyond that I like it. Only thing I'd add are physical buttons for the A/C and 360-camera system.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's what our designer son wants us to get. I personally hate the trend of having to use the touchscreen for everything. Very distracting and makes doing something easy much more complicated. I'm old school, knobs guy. 😊
But it is a nice looking little SUV. I like many of the unique design touches.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really liked it other than the touch screen! I guess I'm similar to @Husky - I prefer more physical knobs and buttons for certain things.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums