Muffler delete (G70 3.3T)

seoulstice_jsn

I'm wondering if anyone has done a muffler delete. Everything else stock. If you do, do you like the sound, is there any droning, it's not too obnoxiously loud? Or at least a video link. I haven't found anything.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm wondering if anyone has done a muffler delete. Everything else stock. If you do, do you like the sound, is there any droning, it's not too obnoxiously loud? Or at least a video link. I haven't found anything.

Tork Motorsports makes a bolt-on rear section muffler delete exhaust for the Kia Stinger (exact same 3.3 engine as the G70) found here...

Kia Stinger 3.3TT Muffler Delete | DamnFastDD.com

And below is a short video where you can hear it... (Again, on the Stinger, but it should sound almost identical to the G70 with the same modification)

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Again, on the Stinger, but it should sound almost identical to the G70 with the same modification
The Stinger chassis is not the same size as the G70. Just the wheelbase is about 3 inches longer on the Stinger. Given the slightly different dimensions a bolt-on exhaust for the Stinger is not necessarily going to fit the G70 without modifications.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The Stinger chassis is not the same size as the G70. Just the wheelbase is about 3 inches longer on the Stinger. Given the slightly different dimensions a bolt-on exhaust for the Stinger is not necessarily going to fit the G70 without modifications.

I'm just referring to a muffler delete in general, not that Tork's product for the Stinger will necessarily fit the G70. I was talking about the sound on the Stinger - the G70 should sound very similar with a muffler delete.

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wouldnt mind hearing a muffler delete though. too bad the market for axlebacks, DPs, etc are almost non existent for us so far
I'm just referring to a muffler delete in general, not that Tork's product for the Stinger will necessarily fit the G70. I was talking about the sound on the Stinger - the G70 should sound very similar with a muffler delete.
i don’t this this is true? The stinger exhaust sounds louder than ours and since theirs is a different size I imagine it’s tuned differently. Can someone confirm?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.