Muffler delete (G70 3.3T)

seoulstice_jsn

I'm wondering if anyone has done a muffler delete. Everything else stock. If you do, do you like the sound, is there any droning, it's not too obnoxiously loud? Or at least a video link. I haven't found anything.

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm wondering if anyone has done a muffler delete. Everything else stock. If you do, do you like the sound, is there any droning, it's not too obnoxiously loud? Or at least a video link. I haven't found anything.

Tork Motorsports makes a bolt-on rear section muffler delete exhaust for the Kia Stinger (exact same 3.3 engine as the G70) found here...

Kia Stinger 3.3TT Muffler Delete | DamnFastDD.com

And below is a short video where you can hear it... (Again, on the Stinger, but it should sound almost identical to the G70 with the same modification)

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Stinger chassis is not the same size as the G70. Just the wheelbase is about 3 inches longer on the Stinger. Given the slightly different dimensions a bolt-on exhaust for the Stinger is not necessarily going to fit the G70 without modifications.

I'm just referring to a muffler delete in general, not that Tork's product for the Stinger will necessarily fit the G70. I was talking about the sound on the Stinger - the G70 should sound very similar with a muffler delete.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wouldnt mind hearing a muffler delete though. too bad the market for axlebacks, DPs, etc are almost non existent for us so far
I'm just referring to a muffler delete in general, not that Tork's product for the Stinger will necessarily fit the G70. I was talking about the sound on the Stinger - the G70 should sound very similar with a muffler delete.
i don’t this this is true? The stinger exhaust sounds louder than ours and since theirs is a different size I imagine it’s tuned differently. Can someone confirm?

Kamauxx

Registered Member
I wouldnt mind hearing a muffler delete though. too bad the market for axlebacks, DPs, etc are almost non existent for us so far

i don’t this this is true? The stinger exhaust sounds louder than ours and since theirs is a different size I imagine it’s tuned differently. Can someone confirm?
The engine, mufflers, resonators, and most likely the downpipes are identical. Why would they sound different?

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The engine, mufflers, resonators, and most likely the downpipes are identical. Why would they sound different?
if midpipe length is the only difference then I guess my feeling of them sounding different is a placebo effect. My thinking was that resonators and mufflers might have been tuned differently but that was a guess due to me thinking they sounded different in person.

are they for sure shared parts? Ill eat crow if Im wrong but I also wanted to make sure that was confirmed before we all started making buying decisions based off that. I havent gotten any responses yet from vendors Ive emailed asking about this

Kamauxx

Registered Member
if midpipe length is the only difference then I guess my feeling of them sounding different is a placebo effect. My thinking was that resonators and mufflers might have been tuned differently but that was a guess due to me thinking they sounded different in person.

are they for sure shared parts? Ill eat crow if Im wrong but I also wanted to make sure that was confirmed before we all started making buying decisions based off that. I havent gotten any responses yet from vendors Ive emailed asking about this
I can't say for sure. I haven't seen any measurements or part numbers. But visually they look identical.

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Okay, so here are the various part numbers for the Stinger's main exhaust components. If someone wants to bounce these off the G70s part numbers it could tell a lot about what will and won't fit.

Stinger right muffler: 28711-J5710
Stinger left muffler: 28710-J5710
Stinger center muffler (resonators): 28650-J5110
Stinger mid-pipe right (RWD): 28606-J5110
Stinger mid-pipe left (RWD): 28605-J5110

AWD mid-pipes have different part numbers. (I got lazy)

Last edited:

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm pretty sure I like it, wish I could hear one in person. Kinda sounds like the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Last edited:

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, like if you'er 13. The only thing worse to to be at a stoplight with some cornball and his subwoofer cranked up with RAP.
Yeah...that is too much. I actually didn't think it was that bad normally. Wonder if that Alfa is stock or not.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.