Muffler Delete Installed

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Buddy of mine owns a fabrication shop so he made a few muffler deletes. It is 2.5-inch with no resonators. He is going to make some with resonators as well and he will get me some video/pictures. All Tig welded 304 stainless steel. If anyone is interested in getting one, I can let him know or send me a DM.

It sounds pretty good. No real drone inside the car when just driving normal. Under WOT it sounds really good.

Let me know what you think.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So is this just an axel back or does it replace the entire cat back?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you have any close up pics of where it bolts up to the stock resonators. I have a cat back already but have been wanting muffler Deletes to open up the sound a little bit.

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't but I can get some. It bolts to the stock midpipes.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ll have to check and see if my jun bl resonator has the same bolt up as stock. If so I’d probably be interested.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dang.... That's pretty dang good. I really like it. How much would he charge for a set with resonators?

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let me ask him. I will see what he says and post up today hopefully for price.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And I’d like to know a price on just the straight piped version

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
550 without resonators.
750 with resonators.

Both stainless steel and all tig welded.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m kinda feeling the same. I may just do the delete myself on my current set up later.

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What do you guys think a good price is for them? with res and without res. I can see what he can do.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the price is right in the ball park with the other option available. I was just hoping it would be less to be justified to my girl lol. I use to be a heavy equipment mechanic and had to do a lot of fabrication myself on crushers. I know it’s not easy work and with that being said I would not try to lower a price on work I already know needs to be dam near perfect every time

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^This. I have a local guy that does really good custom fabbing with Tig welding and I know he'd charge pretty dang close to that exact same amount. So, I don't think it's necessarily a bad deal.

I just got excited about it, and figured I also wanted a new x-pipe if I were to swap out the axle back, and I'd be looking at a lot more money just for some better sound and a tiny bit less weight.

Then I realized I'm too OCD about this stuff and I should just stick with what I've got, because my exhaust is pretty dang good as it is. But, not gonna lie, it would be cool to give it a nice growl like what you've got going on! Even so, my car is supposed to be a sleeper. I keep trying to remember that. Haha.

Avernus

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice sound! How big is the axle back exhaust once removed from the car? One of the biggest hurdles for me for going for a full catback solution is that I would need to find some place to store my stock exhaust for when I decide to sell my car (city living leaves me with not much free storage space).

Also I assume this is a bolt-on modification right? Only done simple maintenance tasks like changing fluids and replacing my brake pads, and would prefer to tackle this on a weekend myself as well.

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’d like to see pics of the pipes as well.
I know there’s a Stinger muffler delete for about $300 and a G70 specific one for about $500. But I don’t think either one is stainless.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Buddy of mine owns a fabrication shop so he made a few muffler deletes. It is 2.5-inch with no resonators. He is going to make some with resonators as well and he will get me some video/pictures. All Tig welded 304 stainless steel. If anyone is interested in getting one, I can let him know or send me a DM.

It sounds pretty good. No real drone inside the car when just driving normal. Under WOT it sounds really good.

Let me know what you think.

Sounds really nice. Sadly I am getting to that age where quiet is better ,but I think you and your friend hit the bullseye with the sound.👍

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice sound! How big is the axle back exhaust once removed from the car? One of the biggest hurdles for me for going for a full catback solution is that I would need to find some place to store my stock exhaust for when I decide to sell my car (city living leaves me with not much free storage space).

Also I assume this is a bolt-on modification right? Only done simple maintenance tasks like changing fluids and replacing my brake pads, and would prefer to tackle this on a weekend myself as well.

The stock ones have big mufflers on them so they are kind of large. Direct bolt on that takes 20 minutes tops to install

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sounds really nice. Sadly I am getting to that age where quiet is better ,but I think you and your friend hit the bullseye with the sound.👍

Agreed, they sound fantastic.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums