Muffler Delete Installed

P Wizzay

Registered Member
SFV, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Really glad to see some static rev clips! If possible, I think some drive-bys, maybe WOT, just some exterior perspective video and audio with the car in motion.

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay, so a couple of things. I finally got my non-resonated pipes installed today. But I woke up late this morning and was in a rush so I forgot to grab pics because I’m heading out for the evening soon and wanted to get the pipes on and the car back on the ground.

Pipes look great, workmanship is quality. Fitment was fine. Install was straight forward, once I found my damned 19mm.

My quick run around the block I will say this... if you are worried about cabin drone I would recommend going for the resonated pipes. Interior sound definitely lets you know it’s not stock any more and this may be too much for some people. Having said that if you want more loud than stock coming out of the tail pipe this is definitely the way to go. Note is strong with a little rasp but one thing I really noticed was off throttle burble, which I love.

I have a few hours of driving tonight so I’ll see if the cabin drone is something that is too much for me. But I’m pretty sure that the resonated pipes are going to be more the speed of most people. Especially those who have longer commutes where cabin drone may get annoying when it’s their daily driver.

Obviously these are custom pipes so keep that in mind. But so far these custom pipes are by far the “best bang for your buck” if you’re looking for something to liven up your G70. Even compared to “big brand” cat-backs that are out for the Stinger these pipes sound so much better.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Can anyone comment on the lack of h or x pipe? Good, bad, neutral?

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The H pipe or X pipe is in the mids and not the axle back. The stock mids have an X pipe. These pipes are just axle back

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The off throttle burbles sound awesome! I love pulling up to my garage when it does that. Haha.

Heard someone might be getting some mids with resonators :)

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The off throttle burbles sound awesome! I love pulling up to my garage when it does that. Haha.

Heard someone might be getting some mids with resonators :)

Have you gotten a chance to record some “fly-bys” yet? Watching both clips of your car has me thinking I should have curbed my impatience and waited for the resonated pipes. Watching your first clip was like, “Okay that sounds good, I want that.” But watching your two recent clips has me thinking, “Dammit now that sounds better!” lol

LostMy6MT

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would a local pick up be an option, I saw a post that said So Cal? The resonated deletes sound like their just about what I've been waiting for. I'm probably a few months out since I just bought myself a new crashpad for bouldering and the SO would kill me for buying another expensive toy so soon. We visit friends down towards LA and if I could save on shipping it might be a little easier to justify to the keeper of the finances ;).

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Local pick up is fine. He is sold out and taking orders now. he is going to build 5 sets so first come first serve. DM me.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Local pick up is fine. He is sold out and taking orders now. he is going to build 5 sets so first come first serve. DM me.
Any update on a video of the exhaust w/ resonator? :)

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I will post today :)
Can’t wait! Thank you.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What part of SoCal are you in? My interest has been peaked (like me in high school LOL) and I'd love to hear yours in person (if possible)

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
FYI, if you’re concerned about cabin drone I would definitely opt for the resonated rear pipes.

About 1750-2250 is freeway cruising RPMs and that’s about the “sweet spot” for maximum drone. The non-resonated pipes have a lot of drone in this range.

Last weekend I picked up some friends and drove out to a show. My friend and his girl in the back weren’t happy with the drone, and also commented on the vibration they could feel through the floor/seats. My date commented, “Has your car always been this loud?” lol

FYI, I currently have the non-resonated. I haven’t been able to let anyone else drive my car to hear how it sounds from outside, nor have I had a chance to do a fly-by video. But Cashby’s got videos of his up, both non-resonated and resonated versions. YouTube “G70 Muffler Delete” and look for videos by user “cash”.

FlooF!

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
it’s so hard to decide if I want to go resonated or just straight pipes...

My macbook crashed so had to get a new computer. Here is the clip of the muffler delete with resonators.

For anyone that wants to get them you can DM them on IG @smithwelds

Thanks!

Was the drone that bad?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums